cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing freight costs and graduated interval scales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have the same issue as posted in the forum below. The only difference is that we are dealing with UoM (tons, lbs, bu and etc.).

we have a requirement for calculating shipment costs. there is a pricing scenario wherein there is a fixed rate for a trip up to, say, USD 500.00 for the first 20 cubic meters. any volume above this, and the shipping charges will be USD 30.00 per cubic meter. so, if the shipment totals 22.5 cubic meters, the shipping charges should be USD 575.00, (USD 500.00 for the first 20 and USD 75.00 for 2.5 cubic meters times USD 30.00).

graduated interval scales should have been perfect for this, but grad int scales are not supported in SAP Transportation.

would anyone suggest an alternative?

many thanks!

jonathan

I have tried the solution - Jonathan Yap and I still have issues with pricing. It brings in all three freight conditions types into pricing document.

first we defined 3 condition types -

Z001 for the fixed rate of USD 500.00

Z002 for the per cubic meter rate of USD 30.00

Z003 a fixed rate condition type for the correction between the fixed rate of USD 500.00 and the per cubic meter rate, for the first 20 cubic meters.

logic:

1. since graduated interval scales are not supported, Z002 will calculate from 0 cubic meters, meaning USD 30.00 X 22.5 cubic meters = USD 675.00.

2. Z003 will then be fixed used to "correct" the discrepancy for the first 20 cubic meter, calculated as (excess rate - fixed rate) x 20, or http://USD 30.00 - (USD 500.00/20 cubic meters) x 20 = USD 100.00.

we then assign Z001 to exclusion group Z01, and Z002 & Z003 to group Z02. the exclusion rule F was used.

the system will now compare the fixed rate and the calculated excess rate as:

USD 500.00 compared to USD 675.00 - USD 100.00 = USD 575.00.

the system chooses the latter rate.

alternatively, exclusion group Z02 could include 3 condition types instead of just 2. these condition types could be -

Z002 - the rate of USD 30.00 per cubic meter

Z004 - a fixed rate of USD 500.00 (with reference to Z001)

Z005 - a fixed rate of USD 600.00 (USD 30.00 x 20 cubic meters), which will be a corrective entry.

*the formula may not work for all situations, but the idea is that if the actual volume falls below 20 cubic meters, the results of the calculations forces the system to choose condition type Z001.

Question:

1. I have created 3 conditons types. Do I need to have access sequence created for all 3 conditions?

2. I have created exclusion group - Under Baisc Functions -> Pricing-> condition exclusion - Is that correct place to create the exclusion?

3. Is the logic suppose to be a VOFM or only configuration?

Any input will greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

Nav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had done something similar but based on weight. My scenario was - 10 rs upto 20 kg and 1 rs/kg above 20kg

I had created scale ID -

Scale Basis - Weight

Scale Type - To-Scale

Scale Unit Of measure - KG

Then under 'All Scales Values'have put 2 entries -

Weight - 20, Calc. Type - A

Weight - 10000, Calc Yype - C

(10000 kg is the maximum weight possible)

Then we maintained condition record as per the scales and the values were perfect.

The only difference in your case is Volume. But volume option is also there in the unit of measure.

Try with the above calculation types and let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Samit your help. But I got it configured and to work from Jonathan's post.

Now the only problem that I run into is: When I go to the pricing condition at item level and click on "Update" button and choose option "B - Carry out new price" it makes both of my pricing conditions active and gives the price for the lower amount (per unit rate) when it should be choosing the higher amount (fixed rate) based on my quantity that I have given. When only one pricing condition should be active. But if I did "new pricing document" at header level, pricing becomes correct again and only one pricing condition is active which is the higher amount(Fixed Rate).

Also when I try to adjust pricing manually for the fixed rate it will not take the new price, it still retains the price that I had create via VK11

Am I missing any configuration or do I need ABAP to fix the pricing update option?

Thanks,

Nav