cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail receiver adapter: THeaderREPLY-TO not working on ASMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

(note: all the @ where changed by " at " because of limitations of SDN)

I'm trying to set some adapter specific message attributes (ASMA) in a mail receiver adapter.

Two properties I'm trying to set: THeaderFROM e THeaderREPLY-TO.

The first one is working great, the second one does not work.

My scenario is Soap to Mail. I send a soap message, in the message mapping a user defined function get the mail address (to and reply-to) and set it with DinamicConfiguration like this (hard coded to be simple):

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration)container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);
DynamicConfigurationKey key = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Mail", "THeaderREPLY-TO");
conf.put(key, "reply.to at teste.com";);
DynamicConfigurationKey from = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Mail", "THeaderFROM");
conf.put(from, "from at teste.com";);

As in the documentation, it should work. But the mail message reaches the mailbox with mime header Return-Path = from at teste.com.

Reading all the notes related to mail adapter (and adapter module processing) I found the tool TCPGateway to monitor what is going from adapter engine to the mail server. So I changed a little the scenario to test it and now the scenario is Soap->TCPGateway->MailServer. In the TCPGateway I got this:

EHLO brjgs916.weg.net
MAIL FROM:<from at teste.com>;
RCPT TO:<roberti at mycompany.net>;
DATA
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 19:55:17 -0000
Subject: mail - teste
To: roberti at mycompany.net
MIME-Version: 1.0
content-id: payload-98c5c8b0775111e090110018714e4a28 at sap.com
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8
Content-Disposition: attachment;filename="Untitled.xml";
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

<?xml version="1.0"; encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns0:MTP_SAMPLE_MAIL_MESSAGE xmlns:ns0="http://soa.weg.net/sampleMail"><Title>titulo</Title><Body>body a ser preenchido</Body><Footer>footer tambem</Footer></ns0:MTP_SAMPLE_MAIL_MESSAGE>.
QUIT

With this information, I found that something is not right in the mail adapter, because it is not writing the relevant reply-to attributes to the mail message.

Some of you has any idea about it?

Thank you in advance.

waldemar roberti

Edited by: Waldemar Roberti on May 5, 2011 5:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberti,

I see in your log the problem is with THeaderFROM, not from to. Because in To I see:

RCPT TO:<roberti at mycompany.net>;

DATA

Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 19:55:17 -0000

Subject: mail - teste

To: roberti at mycompany.net

So please take a look whether you are having issue with from or reply?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Actually (for testing purposes) I have the email roberti at mycompany.com set in all fields of receiver mail adapter mail attributes (from, to, cc and bcc). I turned all of them on and of and analysed the result. It seems that the information whe put on ASMA overloads the information on these mail attributes. But, in mail attributes, we don't have a field for REPLY-TO, just on ASMA we have this field.

So... the problem is in REPLY-TO. It has not been set in mail adapter, even if I set it with dinamic configuration.

thank you.

Waldemar Roberti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought, please try using the DynamicConfigurationBean to set the Reply to filed.

Thanks

Newa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Newa,

I just tryied with DinamicConfigurationBean.

Analysing the audit log on adapter engine:

DC: processing ...

Success insert key (http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Mail)THeaderREPLY-TO with value waldemar.roberti at gm.com;

DC: successfully processed

But, nothing new appeared on the message header.

Regards.

Waldemar Roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just oppened an OSS to check this issue.

I will update here with the solution.

Regards.

Waldemar Roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

People,

Just for you know about it.

Our basis team updated the DEV environment to the latest patch level and now it is working. This suggestion came from the OSS I've opened some months ago. The problem was at XIAFC.

Thanks.

Waldemar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

conf.put(key, "reply.to at teste.com";);

Try removing ; in the above statement and use like conf.put(key, "reply.to at teste.com");

Regards

Newa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Newa,

thank you for the note, but I don't know where this ";" came from. It is not in my code. Otherwise I would probably not be able to activate the mapping (it should generate an exception when trying to compile the code).

regards

waldemar roberti

Edited by: Waldemar Roberti on May 6, 2011 7:44 AM