cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone- Milestone trigger or a fixed date whatever occured before.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I got a scenerio in my project where i have to create a milestones in project and thse milestones will go the project which is standard but now there is a condition like milestone should be triggeres either based on the completion of certain activity or a fixed date which ever is earlier.

In milestone we can remove the billing bock whenever that activity is confirmed but in case a certain date fall before can we make condition based on this date and completion of milestone which ever occur before.

Thanks in advance. Looking for some suggestions.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

you can enter offset and give the milestone date when it has to be triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, This can happen and this is standrad.

Milestone gets actual dates not only by activity confirmation, you can also enter it manually.So in case when you have not completed the activity to which the milestone has been attached but still you want to remove the billing block.In that case, dont confirm the activity, but enter the actual date for the mile stone.When the miletsone gets the actual date automatically billing block will get removed for the billing plan line.

In this case you can maintain a fixed date also, but system cannot prompt when you have to punch the actual date, you have to manually enter the actual date in the milestone, if the activity is not completed.For entering the actual date of milestone, the activity to which it is attached should be released.