cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Correction - test Phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have created a Normal correction and follwed the workflow process as mentioned in the blog [ChaRM Normal Correction|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15117] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

1.I have perfomed the action Complete development , which created Transport of copies

2.As per the flow mentioned in above blog, changed the phase of maintenance cyle to TEST

3.Imported the ToC to Quality system using the schedule option in task list

4.Tested the changes and when trying to perfom the action successfully tested, its throwing an error" Transport will not be released in this phase". i know that its becoz during this action the original TR will be released and i am expecting the same. but the Test phase is not allowing it, any suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as stated above please check the phase of your maintenance cycle?If the phase is already in "test",else other it won't allow you to release the transport request.

Hence please set to "Development with release" and proceed.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the completion of a maintenance cycle you use the phase Development with Release to create your ToC and import it for testing in your test system. When you release your original transport order you must be in the Development with Release phase. If you try to release the transport order in the test phase you will have this error.

The following approach I would suggest for you is:

- Maintenance Phase "Development w/o Release" : Change Document "In Development"

Trigger action "Create Transport Order" and perform the development activitiy.

- Maintenance Phase "Development w Release" : Change Document "In Development"

Release the transport task in the Dev system. Trigger action "Test Transport" and the ToC is created. Import the ToC and perform the Test, (usually for testing prior to UAT). If a correction is required change the Dev system and assign the original transport order, this will create a new task which will need to be released. Trigger action "Test Transport", import and re-test. Once the development is complete trigger action "Release Transport Order" and then action "Complete Developement".

- Maintenance Phase "Test" : Change Document "To be Tested"

Import the transport order and perform your test. Once you test is complete confirm the sucsessful test. If a correction is required you can use a Test Message to create a transport and import it.

If you want to check at which status the system will release the transport you can go to SPRO and under Change Request Management -> Extended Configuration -> Change Transaction -> Change Transaction Types -> Make Settings for Change Transaction Types. In the screen select the transaction type of the correction and click on the Assign Actions Node. This will display the user status's and the SAP Change Manager Actions that are assigned.

If you need detailed information please let me know.

Good luck,

Rich Labib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Labib,

Thanks for the response, i am facing the error when i set the Normal correction to development , then change phase to test and then action successful tested

Action cannot be performed during this maintenance phase

Message no. SOCM_ACTION_LOG 024

Diagnosis

The maintenance cycle does not allow a specific action to be executed.

System Response

The system terminates the action.

Procedure

The maintenance cycle can be set by the Change Manager or the system administrator during the next or previous phase.

Additional Information:

Action 'Regular Correction: Release Transport Request' cannot be

executed during phase 'Test'

One more clarification, you mentioned if i need any change after changing the phase to test and performing successfully tested action, i can raise a test correction, but i think if you have confirmed that test is successful then y do we need test messsgae.

hope these test corrections are created when UAT tester is doing a test and wants to fix a UAT issue?(befor performing the action succesfuly tested,?