Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DB2 v9.1fp4 on suse linux 10sp2 - redirect restor PRD to DEV

Hi All,

First of all thank you, for valuable TIME.

issue:

My development server got crashed due to failure of dedicated SAN. in simple lost every thing. since, even DB2 backups happening to SAN.

requirement:

As we lost all the developments and configuration of development server, we need build a DEV from PRD.

Steps taken:

a. we have installed Suse 10sp2 followed by db2 v9.1 fp4 and SAP ERP6.0 sr2.

b. taken backup of db2 & sap kernel backup by tar command followed by SAP db13 backup along with logs - for newly installed Development server.

hostname - development

SID - DEV

c. I need to restore development server with sid DEV from the backup of production with sid PRD.

To get all the data {development data, transaction data & configuration etc..}

Problem

Till now i haven't worked on DB2 restore, and the current requirement is to dump data from PRD in to DEV.

i.e.. db2 redirect restore

current landscape status:

Both production and development {freshly installed} are up and working fine.

PRD with all the live data, DEV freshly installed and without data.

Need to restore data from PRD to DEV.

Database: DB2 v9.1 fp4

SAP solution: ERP 6.0 sr2

Backup of PRD: in to SAN box {backup folder}, backup triggered by DB13 with include logs option.

I request you to guide me in understanding and performing the restoration.

i.e.. the steps to be performed along with the necessary precautions to be take to avoid problems.

PRD data to DEV.

Thank you very much your time.

by

Harika

Former Member
Former Member replied

You will need to re-create the file with details for the users 'devadm' and 'sapprd', this also means you may need to create the user 'sapprd' on your development server and a password. Once done 'R3trans -x' should work correctly and it should be possible to start the DEV sap system, but please check the system copy guide before doing so, lots more important post processing tasks to complete before doing so.

example command, suggest you use the '-create' flag so that the os passwords are not changed

dscdb6up -create <sapprd's password> <devadm's password> 

dscdb6up usage;

devhost:devadm 1> dscdb6up
Usage: (1) dscdb6up <username> <password>
       (2) dscdb6up -create <connect_user password> <sidadm password>
       (3) dscdb6up -rewrite

CAUTION: option '-create ' does NOT change OS level passwords
         and will overwrite the existing password file !

if you still have trouble double check that the dscdb6up program has correct permissions/ownership;

devhost:devadm 3> ls -l /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run/dscdb6up
-rwsr-x---    1 root     dbcructl      51926 Nov 01 2010  /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run/dscdb6up

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question