cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate pages with next and previous buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created webdynpro component which displays the table containing fifteen lines with scrolling, But i need to display only five lines with no scrolling then if i press next button it will show next five lines and so on. If i press previous button it will show previous five lines. Any ideas please?

Regards

Vengat.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find something like similar to your requirement.

Cheers,

Kris.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 Ways:

1. Play around with set visible row count to 5 or provide a variable on screen to set the number of rows. Here, you need to disable the footer by setting the checkbox for table footer unchecked. Next, you need to write code in your previous next buttons manually and trigger the event for SAP scroll/button which will take you to next set of display records.

2. Define a main table in global attributes of component. This will hold all of your data. Define another table which will contain your display records. For first run, display only 5 records from main table. On click of next button, refresh current content, select the next 5 in index and display accordingly.

I understand your requirement but would like to suggest that setting the Visible row count to 5 solves your issue and no need to provide custom scroll buttons.

Regards,

Santosh Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengat,

You can make the visible row count of table as '5' and deactivate the scrolling functionality. It should then give small button icons on bottom side of the table for such navigation. These button group includes: Previous row, Previous page, First page, Next row, Next page and Last page.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Feel free to correct me if something has changed, but last time I looked into this I found that the 'paging' functionality that you are seeking is not possible in WD tables now. Tables are strictly limited to scrolling.