cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check against delivery with multiple plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have R/3 4.6c and APO 3.1 systems, this topic is related to ATP functionlity.

Our Existing ATP Practice in R/3:

1.sales are delivered via several Distribution Centers (DC).

2.The right DC is determined by a delivering plant which chosen during the order creation.

3.In case of ATP no planned receipts are taken into account.

4.When a product is not available at the determined DC it has to be checked manually if in any other DC is stock available which can deliver the customer in stead of the original DC.

5.If so the customer order (single order or scheduling agreement) has to be changed manually and the delivery can be created for the new chosen DC.

6.ATP is done during a delivery run, which happens 2 to 3 times a day.

7.Deliveries are only created for those orders where free stock is available.

Expectations from APO GATP:

At this point of time gATP should check in case of non available stock, is there an alternative DC available?

Is there enough stock available in the alternative DC to create the delivery?

Are all parameters available to be able to deliver this customer from the alternative DC?

In case everything is ok the order should be changed (delivering plant) and the delivery for the alternative DC needs to be created.

To avoid confusion order management people of the alternative DC have to be informed about that change.

It is grateful if any one look into this and suggest the solution in gATP?

And for better solution one can expect maximum reward points

Thanks in advance

-RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkrishna,

As hemant rightly said we can do this with the help of RATP. But I think it will not take CTP scenario for planed orders as RATP is not compatible with CTP.

Rules can be set in rule maintainence. And as I understand u need only location substitution. Do remember to set rule type as "chain"

And if product is not available at alternate DC and if u want to start production (by triggering PPDS) then u can set this instructions in location determination activity.

Also now if u want the alternate DC to deliver the product then check the "create subitem" mark in check instructions. This will create subitem in sales order and will show delivery plant as the DC where product is available

hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

we can fullfill the expectations in GATP.The system will do the availabilty check in all the DCs Cyclically(based on our setup) and confirm the orders. We can do the rule based availabilty check using Location/Product substitution using some rule maintanance.if the product stock is not available,the system will trigger the planned orders for producing the same in the manufacturing plants which is CTP scenario.

Pls revert back to me if you need more detailed steps.

Thanks

Hemanth (Hope you remember me)

Message was edited by: Hemantha Kumar