cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPUX / Oracle 11g upgrade

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

We are preparing for 11g upgrade on a HP-UX 11.23 box running ECC 6.0 and Solman 7.0 Ehp1. We are thinking to do it in two steps:

I. First, upgrade HP-UX 11.23 => 11.31 since 11g is not supported in 11.23.Idea is to shutdown SAP and backup database and all SAP folders and do a clean install of HP-UX 11.31 (we are advised against in-place HP-UX upgrade) keeping the hostname, IP, filesystems etc. exactly the same. Then install Oracle 10g software and restore database and SAP folders.

II. Next, Upgrade Oracle from 10g -> 11g using dbua.

Do you see any issues or concerns with first step? Will restoring the SAP folders work or is it better to export the system using sapinst? Are SAP binaries linked to OS binaries, like Oracle? Can anyone similar situation comment whats the best way to achieve this?

TIA

Zak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you still have to install New Oracle Home for 11.2 and perform the upgrade. This would not be considered as In-Place upgrade.

Can you tell us what were you told about the issues you might face.

Thanks

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zak,

With referecen to OS support to the Oracle 11 G I would recommend you to upgrade the OS then restore the system with older version. Then go for Oracle upgrade from 10 to 11G.

As latest OS versions will always support lower versions of applications and DB too.

Regards

Vivek