cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3load argument values for OS/DB migration from HP-UX/ORA to WINTEL/MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am looking for a comprehensive list of R3load task and load argument values for both export and import.

We are using distribution monitor 1.9.1 I'm looking for possible values for the following parameters in distmon properties file.

r3load.export.taskArgs

r3load.export.loadArgs

r3load.import.taskArgs

r3load.import.loadArgs

migmonArgs

I know the typical values, but I am looking for a comprehensive list and I have not been able to find it in any documentation.

thanks,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

One more question...

What is the '-c 10000' flag for? I am unfamiliar with this flag.

thanks,

Joe

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
> r3load -h
Usage: r3load [options]

options:
   -c <commit count>    force commit after every <commit count> rows
                        (only for import)
<...>

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vicente_sanchez
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question on how to indicate the command line parameter -merge_bck . Can I write the parameter to the distribution_monitor_cmd.properties file directly, ie I can write -merge_bck, or is there a particular syntax for.

Can you please help me to understand how I set the parameter?

Thanks,

Vicente

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Markus, all of the information you provided was very helpful.

I have a few questions and comments.

isn't '-loadprocedure fast' only for import?

the source is R/3 4.7x200 on HP-UX/oracle 9.2.0.8.

The target is R/3 4.7x200 on WIN2003/MSSQL2005.

I found note 1156361 regarding enviroment variable BCP_LOB=1 .

It looks like the provided link regarding minimal logging is for SQL2008. Is there an equivalent for SQL2005?

Also, is your recommendation to 'modify DDLMSS.TPL to use page compression.' from note 1054852? If not, what is your source for this recommendation?

Again thanks for the tips, they verified some of my plans and pointed me at some good sources to speed up the export/import.

Joe

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I know the typical values, but I am looking for a comprehensive list and I have not been able to find it in any documentation.

Yes - because there is no such list and those parameters change because R3load and lib_dbsl is continously developed; I'd check the corresponding notes.

Currently for Oracle I'd use

-loadprocedure fast -merge_bck

and for MSSQL I'd use

-loadprocedure fast -merge_bck -c 10000

plus

BCP_LOB=1 in the environment of the user running the R3load.

Also I'd set the logging to minimal and add traceflag 610 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425070%28v=sql.100%29.aspx) - plus modifying DDLMSS.TPL to use page compression.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Again, I appreciate your information.

Just for completeness, SAP note 1241751 handles the SQL server minimal logging extensions.

the extensions are available with MS SQL server 2005 SP2 CU#8.

SQL Server 2005 has to have trace flags 610 and 620 set to duplicate SQL Server 2008 trace flag 610.

thanks,

Joe