cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regional role approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client that uses multiple role approvers based on the user's location. Is there a way I can create a CAD for this based on the user's user group?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the role name gives me country (France, Spain, etc) and the user group gives me regional location (Paris, Orléans, etc). To further complicate it, web services will be used as the input to CUP.

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

If that is the case, then request you to kindly follow the steps below. You have to create two Custom fields maybe as 'Country' & 'User Group'. 'Web Service' being used as input shouldn't be a problem as long as it is not one of the approver selection parameters

Stage 1 : Create 2 Custom Fields

================================

(1) Goto Config Tab >> Custom Fields >> Create

(2) Given the Name, Description, Field Label values.

(3) Worklow to be YES

(4) Mandatory to be YES

(5) Applicable, Workflow Type, Field Type as Request, CUP, Dropdown respectively

(6) Now, you can maintain the Field Values in GRC locally or take them from the backend system. Suggest, you can maintain the Country Field in GRC (ie., AE) & User Group from SAP CUA system from Table 'USGRP'. Maintain Datasource as required.

Country - Datasource - AE

(7) Create the 'Field Value' & 'Field Value Label' here as per your countries.

User Group - Datasource - SAP

(8) Source System will be your CUA system(if available), so all User Groups are available. Ideally your User Groups table should be maintained without irrelevant groups ie., User Group should be available in ALL child systems, else there may be provisioning failure.

(9) Table name and Field Name shall be 'USGRP' & 'USERGROUP' respectively.

Stage 2 : Configure CAD

=======================

(10) Goto Configtab >> Workflow >> CAD

(11) Edit the relevant stage and select attributes 'Country' & 'User Group'.

(12) Click on Approvers button

(13) Import all the approver combinations that are required as per Country & User Group.

Now create any request and the fields have to be filled mandatorily and approver can be selected automatically.

Problem Solved

Rgds

Ganesh.S

P.S: Kindly close this thread if issue is resolved and Award points for contributors.

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Pleasse clarify. Is it your requirement that you need to select approver by a combination of 'Role Name' & 'User Group'.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure of making the workflow work based on user group (as i have not tryed it).

But the thing that I have tryed and got the desired result for a similar case is as follow:

1. Navigate to config tab under CUP

2. Under custom field, create a new custom field "Location" and save it

3. Then go to "request form customization" as a mandatory field

4. Now when creating CAD you can select the attribute as location

5. hence here you can assign approvers based on the location

Hope, this is helpful.

Regards,

Ankit