cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1.8 not connected to ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already configured successfully another instance of MII/4.6C (only idoc listener) and now I'm trying to link an instance of MII 12.1.8 (NW SP5) with an ECC 6.

I cannot even read BAPI list from SAP JCO Interface action inside a MII Transaction

I have configured the JCO Connector from System Connection Editor of MII and the credential alias usign a SAP_ALL user (to avoid rights issues).

I tried a ping from MII server to SAP AS and it's ok.

I already tried to reset JCOProxy and restarted my CE, but nothing...always getting this error

JCO Proxy Error: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX SYSNR=00 GWHOST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:sapgw00' not reached

TIME Thu May 05 14:49:58 201

RELEASE 711

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 3151

DETAIL NiPConnect2: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3300

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10060

ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out

COUNTER 8

Did I skipp soemthing I should do NetWaever side? My understanding ti was I could link MII to ECC (to call BAPI) configuring connector inside MII only (even if, probably, calls are flowing through NetWeaver layer). I feel it can be something related to NW side (maybe the message server) but I really don't know what to touch.

I didn't yet installed licenses (but three months still didn't pass)...can be this the reason of my issue?

I also tried to configure IDOC listener inside NetWeaver, trying to register it to SAP Gateway, but also this link attempt failed...

it is something like the two world aren't connected, even if the server is pinging to SAP AS. No firewalls...

any idea?

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you use the guide shown on this page for your IDoc LIstener?

[MII Connectivity|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/MII+Connectivity]

Select IDOC Listeners in MII 12.1 for your configuration. Please do only those steps identified in the document and let us know how it worked.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

I alwasy use your great docs ...

at the moment my problem is to have a SAP JCO Interface action working, inside an MII TX...

After failing that configuration (it should be simple, MII side only) I tried to do a thing I already did in the past sucessfully, like creating channel to receive IDOCs (with your guide). About this second "connection attempt", the connection test with SM59 it is failing and the reason it should be I haven't any PROGID registered inside the SAPGW.

This second failure it makes me to think the problem is related to something else, that's why I asked about licensing, or some other ideas to trace/solve what's up.

Can you confim to me for JCO Interface (to call SAP BAPIs from BLS) I shouldn't touch anything inside NetWeaver?

Are the missing licenses somehow impacting these parts?

Is there a way to check link from MII to ECC or NW to ECC with something similar to a ping? 'cause from the server guesting MII/NW ping to SAP AS is ok.

tnx gain

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that your system number is 00? JCO is just the configuration in MII, nothing else is needed.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

mmm...

I would say yes, for example if I login to ECC and check the sapgw params with smgw, I can see his service is sapgw00...

tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error says partner not reached which , assuming the connfiguration parameters are entered correctly, tells me it could be a firewall issue? Even though you say you are able to succesfully ping the ECC server, its worth checking with your BASIS folks whether you are required to use a SAP Router string in the "Server" parameter value of your JCO connection, instead of the plain IP. (Something like /H/XXXXXX/H/.... etc.). Ofcourse ifyou are already using a SAP ROuter string then we have a different problem at hand.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Udayan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Udayan says, if there is an SAP Router in the network path, the set up for IDoc Listener is a bit different. I think there is an SAP Note for MII and IDoc/RFC Listener configuration. If you don't find, let me know and I will see if I can track it down.

There is one other thing to consider. With NW SP5 and MII 12.1.8, there were substantial changes to Security and you might be running into an issue there. Not sure how, but worth taking a look.

And thanks for the kind words for my document!

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

well,

I got confirmation I should use a SAP ROUTER STRING.

If I haven't other issues, the only effort now is to understand how to use it.

The simplest test I did failed, using it just before the IP Address of AS SAP

mmm

I tried unsuccessfully something like this

/H/<blablabla>/H/<AS SAP IP>

tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel SAP ROUTER STRING is the origin of the issue...

looking for the note you mentioned

If you beat your head against it, please let me know

regards

Edited by: ottantaphoenix on May 6, 2011 3:49 PM

Edited by: ottantaphoenix on May 6, 2011 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this instead.

/H/<Router IP>/H/<ECC IP>/H/<ECC IP>/S/

Here it explains the Router String http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/992df1446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

...mmm...not working, saying...

JCO Proxy Error: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=<ECC IP> SYSNR=00 GWHOST=<ECC IP> GWSERV=sapgw00 SAPROUTER_STRING=/H/161.27.205.100/S/sapdp99/H/<ECC IP> PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR partner '<Router IP>:sapdp99' not reached

TIME Mon May 09 11:45:31 201

RELEASE 711

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 3151

DETAIL NiPConnect2: <Router IP>:3299

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10060

ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out

COUNTER 39

but the link you posted is interesting...if I well understood, every time there is H the current "system" is sending to the the first H it has the next Hs (removing the first H and checking a sort of internal firewall to grant connection). Mainly, connection path is built system by system, step by step...

S and W are optional and to be specified if we need a service different from default and a password

Doing crazy attempt:

If I'm running my MII transaction test from my laptop, do I have to set up my first "connection step" to the host which is running MII instance? I mean something like:

/H/<MII Server IP>/S/50000/H/<SAPROUTER IP>/H/<ECC IP>

This way I noticed that in the Java AS, under ICM/Connections READ REQUESTS messages are created.

But log is saying request is too big.

Regards

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found a ticket with a similar problem, but it applied to MII 12.0. However, if I read it correctly, the correct configuration would be for ServerName:

/H/saprouter.name.com/H/sapservername.sap.company.com (you may want to try it with the explicit IP addresses for the two nodes).

You may have already tried this, (it looks like you may have). I could not find a note, but found the original ticket which I thought had prompted a note (apparently not or it is not easily found by yours truly).

And unfortunately, I think you are getting into the realm of more advanced ALE topics and I am not experienced enough to address those topics. But when you do get it resolved, please post your solution.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 9, 2011 2:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

...I couldn't find any note about it too.

Anyway, yes I already tried with the combination you suggested me

I think I understood more or less the usage of SAP Router String and, from your answer, I have confirmation that MII side the only thing to be changed on the approach of the configuration is the ServerName (both NW Listener and RFC calls).

Connection it should be established from MII to the first /H/ element of the string and, then, "the ball" is passed to that system/node itself.

My idea of using as first node of the SAP Router String the MII Server (I posted over) it is absolutely invalid, 'cause I think MII is anyway and implicitly passing through ICM on NetWeaver, w/o I explicitly declare it.

Now I'm following three directions:

to have more support and explanations from Basis Guys about routing to SAP AS (maybe I could discover I need password config on the string or SAP ROUTETAB is blocking my requests);

to have more support about infrastructure of Virtual Machines over I have MII installed (maybe some external firewall or similar is damaging me)

to investigate more on MII/NW side to see about security changes, ICM configuration or what else (even if I think it's not the case)

don't dubt, I'll not miss to post my solution, if any

I really believe in knowledge sharing

regards

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really appreciate your willingness. Wish it were universal, but alas, it is not.

Good luck finding your solution.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

...not sure this could be a reason...'cause I found it referred to an older MII version (still w/o NW), but I did a simple search in my MII/NW server and i wasn't able to find any file like this

sapjcorfc.dll

Against this, I have many files answering to this search:

librfc32.dll

it seems both these are libraries to use JCO/RFC...

mmm

don't know if it could be a way to follow

and talking about security changes in NW, the roles with some relation (in terms of action) with JCO are

NWA_READONLY

NWA_SUPERADMIN

but even adding them to BLS user, i'm not improving the situation

best regards

Answers (0)