cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects and document as URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I have some questions about field "Address/URL" - it's located in cProject on Documents tab (where we can add files to cProject elements). The question is: how to specify URL in this field? When i try to type something like "http://" - the cursor does not move, it's impossible to type something in that field. And when I click button "Browse..." - how to specify any HTTP URL there?

Is it possible at all specify some HTTP URL or not?

WBR, Johnson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnson,

It is possible to paste the URL in the given field.

When you create a new Document U can either attcah a document or a URL.

There are 2 separate fields for Document and URL. Also the Check In buttons are also different.

Paste the required URL in th URL Field and the Press the CHeck In as URL Button.

URL will be added to your Project Element. Also you don't have any browse button here.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help, Pavan, but please see image with form screenshot on Picasa ([form screenshot|https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fxRdr04jr6v39u7KC7PPhyHAYDhasPs_uBvyK2kIGS8?feat=directlink]).

There is no different input fields for Address and URL - it's just one field.

I've tryed to paste URL-value in this input field - no luck.

Maybe it depends on cProjects version or what?

WBR, Johnson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A basic pre-requisite to be met for this requirement would also be that you have an URL wokrstation application defined in DC30 in SAP DMS in order to be able to insert URL's.Please refer [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/LinkingURLpagestoDocuments] for details.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeepkumar, thanks for helping.

Am I understand right - if I want to check-in document as URL I have to have SAP DMS configured (according to link posted) - not just SAP Content Server configured as storage for cProject/cFolder data?

WBR, Johnson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.I inadvertently mistook it to be SAP DMS documents that you were referring to(unlike general 'Documents' tab in cProjects as was the case).For SAP DMS documents,you need to implement the solution that i have indicated above.

In your case,for URLs,there would be no need to check-in as the URL is already hosted on some web-server.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, so the question is still open: how in my case (cProjects and Documents tab) can I add the URLs pointing to some web server? Right now I can not directly enter anything in input field "Address / URL'. I just want to see the list of various links when I looking at "Documents" tab among other check-in files. And the files from my local PC are checked in without problem.

WBR, Johnson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose its related to config, can u plz check that whether you have defined URL for WebDAV application. In cPorjects we can use Documents tab to creates the document and folder for EasyDMS. If we would like to checkin any URL document we need to define RL of the same in following config path.

IMG->PPM->Proj Management->Documents->settings for WebDAV interface.

Under this u need to define number range as well as URL used to create documents.

Pramod