cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting customizing settings from IDES to a client on different server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP Transport management. I have done some customizing settings on IDES, which is on my lap top. Now I wish to transport these settings to the main SAP Development server. How do I accomplish this? Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try the option of creating transport of copies and then move it to the development server, in any case, you should have basic STMS configured in your IDES system.

Thanks

PrakashP

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shambhvi,

One needs to consider the transport routes currently configured. Please see the following link for assistance in this area;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/51/28f8f0bb4d11d2b433006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Derrick Hurley

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out that "Client Copy" (T-Code SCC8) can be used to export the configuration data to a file on the hard disk, which can be later used to import the data into the other client a different server through T-code SCC7. Kindly let me know if I am on the right track. However, I am yet to understand the detailed procedure of exporting and importing the data.

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you create transport requests when doing the customizing?

Your IDES needs to be configured to record your changes to transport requests.

When this was done, you have 2 possiblitys.

Create a virtual system in TA stms.

Release your transport to this virtual system.

Then you can copy the files under usr/sap/trans(data/cofiles) to the server you need to have them (same location)

Add the Transportrequest to your queue (stms) and import them to the specified target client.

Or you have the desitination either in the same transportdomain / or can create a domainlink to that domain.

Then you create a transport of copies, include the object list of your orginal transport and release it directly to your desired system.

and yes . a transport of copies ! - For a normal workbench / customizing transport you need to specify a consolidation system and you don´t want to have a ides as a dev system for another erp .. believe me

I hope that was not too technical .

kind regards

Peter