cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table for Invoice Item text description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

when i check invoice item details by clicking the line items in Vf03 we are able to see item details in various tabs like item detail,item partner,conditions,for trade/customs,item texts,PO Data.

In "Item text " tab we will enter text in clip board but where that text will get stored because i have requirement to bring that item desription into report and there will be no F1 help for that desription.

Please suggest table name to look those item texts.

Thanks&Regards,

narasimha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Goto T.Code "VF03".

Enter the Invoice no .Go to the .Select the text and click on display. You will get all the values to get the ID and object.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/FunctionExampleREAD_TEXTABAPwrapper+function .Ask your technical guy to do .

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value of the text you have maintained in the invoice will not be stored in any table but it can retrieved by using a function module.

Goto the T.Code "SE37".

Enter the FM Name as "READ_TEXT".

Execute.

Here Pass the value for "Text ID","Language","Name" as the "10 digit Billing document numebr followed by the item number" and text object.

Execute.

You can get the values from contents.

Once you mainatin an entry for the text,an entry will be generated in the table STXH but it will not give you the exact value what you have maintained.

To get the values for Text ID and Object Name,please follow the below procedure.

Goto T.Code "VF03".

Enter the Invoice number.Goto the text.Select the text and click on "Display log".

Expand all the values to get the ID and object.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the following problems in getting texts in table STXH.

1.when i am generating invoice document in PDF format(Tcode VF03->Menu Billing Document->Issue output to->Select Button Print preview) there we can find Invoice Items and descriptions.

Could you please tell me where they will enter Invoice item descriptions .

2.At first i felt they are maintaining in following path->In VF03->Enter Invoice number->Double Click Invoice line Item->In Item details screen tab called "item Text" there i observed item desription in clip board .

But i am unable to find all item descriptions there.there only for few item descrptions are maintaining

3.I am able to generate FM READ_TEXT by giving necessary inputs but i am unable to see any chages in STXH table.

I dont think it is not possible to execute function module to generate all invoice item texts in single shot.

4.Is there any other table which gives invoice Item descrptions as in invoice PDF document.

Thanks&Regards,

narasimha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the description of the item from the table "VBRP".

The description can be found in the field "ARKTX" which is of length "40" characters.

Regards,

Krishna.