cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log for Addition/Deletion of object in a Transport Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Recently I had a issue where I tried deleting an object from a transport request and I got the message that object is deleted successfully.

But when the transport was imported then it failed with Sy-subrc 8 because of the same object in transport. The reason for the same could be :

1.) Either the object was not deleted from the transport request.

2.) Or Some one else added the same object again in the request.

I want to read the log of this transport in such a way that I see when a object has been added/deleted from a transport request along with SAP User ID of the person doing it.

Is this possible ? If so kindly share the steps with me.

Thanks a Lot for your kind help!!! This is very important for me....

Regards,

Lalit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution I found was to activate table logging on E071.  This will log the changes to the table that contains the object list of all transports and therefore give you the required information.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is right that in SAP we dont have the provision that you can see the user id which has modified the transport request

only you can see the slog and u log file for transport related query.

thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the Transport request has been released no one can add or delete any object on that Request. So if you are able to see the object after relising that TRN that means it was not deleted properly. As far as you another question is concerned AFAIK You can see the details through SE01 by entering the TRN Name but it will give you the last modified details only.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for your response!!

I want to see the history of the objects added/deleted from a transport before it is released. I know we can see the latest object list in the transport but is there any way to see the log history for the objects added/deleted.

Your kind help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lalit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lalit

I hope nothing of that sort is available as the transport requests will again have tasks under them.

The changes done to the task will have to be tracked in that case but SAP doesn't have that task change logging as far as I know.

All E0* tables relates to transports and objects under these transports none of them have logs on this nor even any transactions which allow user to edit the transport object.

You get an action log which provides who created it and who releaed them.

But if you configure CharM on Solution manager I hope you can track each changes.

Regards

Vivek