Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 workflow process deletion

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all gurus,

please forgive the question, I'm quite new on the argument; I searched a bit on the SDN but found no pratical solution on the issue... hints, suggestions and ref. to documentation or previous thread are welcome.

We are migrating from SRM 3 to SRM 7; we implement an extended classic scenario, and our documents (contract/po) can trigger specific workflows with different approval steps.

In case of errors execution a workflow process in SRM 3, we used to adopt the following procedure: once the workflow in error has been identified, we delete the workflow process via transaction SWWL. Then we manually adjust the document status situation in table CRM_JEST and we're ready to repeat the process, as when processed again, the document re-triggers the correct workflow. So far, so good.

The same approach seems not to be valid in SRM 7, as we've seen that deleting a wf process in SWWL leads to an odd situation; the interested document does not snap any workflow. It seems that some dirty information doesn't allow the system to recognize the document should be assigned to a new workflow process.

As far as we've seen, there are some DB tables which contain data w.r.t. workflow process: /SAPSRM/D_WF_000 /001 /003 and so on. There tables are not affected by the wf process deletion we perform in SWWL... maybe there's still something we're not taking into account.

Could you please provide us some details or hints to perform the above described procedure? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which Workflow Framework do you use? Application-Controlled Workflow or Process-Controlled Workflow?

Regards,

Masa

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

we're dealing with process-controlled workflow.

Thanks,

M.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this step.

1. Trasaction SWI2_DIAG, Identify the root cause

2. Fix the root cause

3. Restart workflow in SWI2_DIAG

Regards,

Masa

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa,

this solves my task; I can easily restart the workflow. What about workflow process termination instead?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give us a use case example for workflow process termination?

Regards,

Masa

Answers (0)