Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Service Orders - Adding addition status in User Status Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyds,

I have a question.

Customer have a requirement where, in repair process when they receive the defective device (equipment) thru return delivery they want to put the device in contamination. And once the contamination is done they want to stage the device for repair. They are asking how can this requirement be met or mapped in SAP system? I suggested we can define additional user statuses in user status profile. Like when the device is received the user can manually set the user status as "Put to decontamination" status in service order. And once the decontamination is complete, then user can manually set another user status as "Decontamination complete" (just as an example). Customer has agreed with this suggestion.

Now, my question is I can meet this requirement by adding addtional statuses to the user profile and then assigning the user profile to service order right? And as customer has agreed that user will have to manually set these statuses in service order, so customizing/configuring the status profile should suffice right? Or do I have to perform any enhancement? Please advice but remember that the customer has agreed to setting the user status manually, automation is not required. So, in this case do I still have to go for any enhancement to meet this requirement or can I do it just by defining extra statuses in user status profile.

Please guide me. Appreciate your help.

If you have any questions or need any clarifications, please let me know.

Best regards,

Abdul Rafey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you correctly pointed out user status will be straight answer. there is no enhancement required. you have to create the user status and assign the same for the order type .

also you can automate to some extent ex while order created you can make the "Put to decontamination" as initial and while releasing the order you can automate that "device for repair" will be set on releasing

regards

thyagarajan