cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to ESR/ID from windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently running on a windows 7 laptop and I can't connect to any of my ESR/ID of my PI servers.

repository.jnlp and directory.jnlp are not launched. It is the same kind pof errors as when JRE is not installed.

So here is my configuration :

Windows 7

Internet Explorer 8 8.0.7600.16385

Mozilla Firefox 3.6.17

And I tried JRE : 1.6 updates 10, 22, 23, 24 and 25 in x86 version.

I also tried JRE 1.6 update 25 64bits.

None of the above worked.

If you have any tips or links or guides, that may help.

Thanks,

JB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually when the JRE version is not correctly installed, the ESR and ID does not open and throws the error.

Before anything go to control panel in your system, and goto java console. There under cache tab press clear JAR cache.

Then, after logging on to SAP, use t-code sxmb_ifr to open the home screen to access the Integration Builder. There you should see an erro message at the top where the JRE not installed (etc.) is displayed. Click on the link provided and download the relevant version and restart your computer once.

Let me know if you see that.

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that fast answer unfortunately It didn't work.

Just cleared the cache and launched again sxmb-ifr.

Index is displayed in my browser but no error message. And same as before when I trie to access Repository or Directory, repository.jnlp and directory.jnlp are just dowloaded, not launched at any time.

JB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check if JRE is correctly installed on your system, you can go to command prompt and type : java -version.

If JRE is correctly installed on your system, this would display the version that is installed.

Also, when trying to access ESR ID for the first time, it might take some time, depending on the network speed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

as i mentioned in my last post also, the problem is with the JRE version or it is installed incorrectly.

just un-install the jre and use sxmb_ifr to open the home page.

Now the error should be displayed. Click on the link there to download the compatible JRE version. ESR/ID links will be there, just above that a small error msg with link should be visible.

Also as mentioned above, you can try to inactive the proxy settings and then try.

i m nt sure if internet connection is also required for the jar files downloading, pls check that also once.

Cheers,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for these answers but none of the above worked...

I forgot to mention but I run on a windows 7 64bits os.

However, I uninstalled and installed again several times, nothing is getting better.

- java -version is not recognized, but this tool detects my version : http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

- In java console, proxy are disabled and I tried to clear the cache --> no improvements

- I did not tried 1.5 only 1.6 but several updates. No improvement either.

Is someone accessing ESR/ID from windows 7 64bits ?

Is there any other tools to install appart from JRE ?

Regards,

JB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look like Java WS has not been properly installed on your client.

Try with JDK/JRE "1.5.0_22" with 32bit. But before that please uninstall all previous versions of JVM.

Regards,

Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I use it from Windows 7 64bits environment. And it works for both 7.0 and 7.1+ versions. If you are not getting anything from "java -version", it means the environment variables were not set correctly. Please right click on "Computer" -> Advanced system Settings -> Environment Variables. Then, please ensure the JAVA_HOME on "System Variables" and the PATH on "user variables" have the correct java path (until \bin\).

Also ensure to have the %JAVA_HOME% under the "path" for System variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

According to the windows [link|http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=SAP%20NetWeaver%20Business%20Intelligence&v=SAP&uid=&l=en&pf=0&pi=3&c=Enterprise%20Applications&sc=Business%20Intelligence%20%26%20Data%20Management&os=32-bit&vd=all] SAP PI is compatibile on windows 7 - 64 bit too.

Check this blog for your current issue.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed java web start with your JVM? Try to open Java web start on windows 7 start menu. Maybe you should install java web start in a specific 64bits version.

Or another alternative is to force re-signing of java applications on Administration menu.

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Fabio Purcino

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your participation.

Issue solved.

No matter of installation or cache clearing, that was only a matter of environment variables.

now it is working with BOTH jre installed (64 and 32 bits).

But ALL the variables are pointing to the 32 bits version.

I placed in user variable AND system variable (Can be simplified, I know but I can't afford lose time on more tests...) :

CLASS_PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\tools.jar

JAVA_HOME C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Hope this will help if other face the same problem.

Regards,

JB.

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that, disable the proxy settings and try to open ESR/ID.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try as per the [Link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3148] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];this might help you.Also if it is not working try installing java sdk 5.

Regards,

Naveen