cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to start sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I got you mail id from sdn.sap(sap forums)

I got installed sap abap 4.7 on 2000 server.

it was working properly.

when ever i used to start my system,i used to get two computericons on taskbar(similar to

internet).After that i use to connect to sap.

Recently i have connected my hard disk in dell dimension 1100/B110.It prompted me install

drivers for (VGA,Audio,network adapter,ethernet controller).

my idea was to install network adapter & ethernet,so that i can connect to internet

and downlaod remaing drivers.(as i did not have drivers CD)

so i have installed network adapter drivers ie intel PRO/100 ve network connection.

(procedure attached)

but it did recongised.After restarting i was unable to get two computer icons on taskbar,

and after refreshing console i have login to sap,directly its going to short dump instead

of asking username & password.

any solution???

regards,

swathi.

Procedure for network adapter

Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000 Dell Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.

http://www.dell.com

To reinstall the NIC driver for Windows 2000, perform the following steps:

1. Right-click the My Network Places icon, click Properties.

2. Right-click the Local Area Connection icon, click Properties.

3. Click Configure, click the Driver tab, click Update Driver.

4. Select Display a list of known drivers….., and click Next, and then click Have Disk.

5. Verify that A: is entered in the Copy manufacturer’s files from box, or use the Browse button to point to the directory the driver was extracted to. (i.e. c:\dell\drivers\….)

6. Click Open on the default filename selected, and click OK, and NEXT, and NEXT to install the driver.

Click link to install Windows 2000 drivers: DRIVERS\WIN2K\v6.4.14.0071\Setup.exe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does ur SAP MMC starts properly.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did I understand you right: you moved your Harddisk including operating system and a completely installed SAP System to a new hardware and are now trying to get the stuff running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got installed sap abap 4.7 on 2000 server.

it was working properly. i removed this loaded hard disk

and connected to dell dimension 1100/B110,where it prompted me install drivers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

does this disk also carry the operating system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have local hard disk in that i have got installed

sap abap 4.7 on 2000 server.it is working properly in this system.

now i remove this local hard disk and keep aside.

I have dell dimension 1100/110 desktop.i will remove

dell hard disk.(no use of dell hard disk).

and connect my local hard disk to it.(local hard disk is already loaded with sap abap 4.7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may not work for you.

Switching out hard drives that work with Windows from one server to another can cause problems. Windows will first see different hardward when started on the new server and attempt to load the drivers for it. The network drivers may only be the first problem you are about to have.

I may have the driver for your network card though. If you look at my business card send me an e-mail and I will send it to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, that is one thing which did not work very well on Windows.

the disk driver for your harddisk may be the first problem you hit. the next one will typically follow as new/different hardware needs different drivers.

at the end you will need an new Windows Server/Workstation license key from microsoft depending on your license. this is typically the case if you switch import components of your system (mainboard and cpu are such)

you will get it working only with luck.

I have tried it twice (one XP Profession, one 2000 Server) and had no luck. Even it boots you may have several very bad to analyse problems after that.

regards

Peter