cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code page translation in PI mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirements to convert some data from Packed decimal (IBM Mainframes) and ASCII Codepage 858.

Please share your inputs if anyone has faced similar requirements...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same requirement. To convert packed decimal (COMP, SCOMP, COMP3, SCOMP3) I had to develop a custom adapter module. (JMS-to-PI)

PI can convert EBCDIC to ASCII but not the packed field, at least we never found a standard way to do it.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inputs...can you share the code of the cutom adapter you used for your requirement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Leave me an email, I will send you the a class for the binary fields conversion (COMP, SCOMP, etc)

As for the module and the configuration it really depends on your requirement, but you could use the conversion class in your custom adapter module.

I could also include some explanation on how I did the adapter module and the configuraiton. (similar to FCC)

Hope it helps,

Martin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Leave me an email, I will send you the a class for the binary fields conversion (COMP, SCOMP, etc)

Hi Martin,

why don't you write a WIKI page?

This might be interesting for other guys also.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good idea. I will look into that today and post back the URL.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not enough information to give you any advice.

At least you should mention the full scenario, the adapters you use, the type of message payload (XML, plain text)

Then you write ASCII codepage 858, but codepage 858 is not ASCII, it is latin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_858

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply and I have tracked your previous posts and can say that you are indeed an expert in character encoding

Actually, my scenario is that we are sending data from a SAP system (MDM) to a mainframe system, which supports Codepage 858...now can you suggest me an approach, which can help me solve this problem ?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already told you, that is not enough information.

At least you should mention which adapter you want to use.

Let us assume you provide a flat file and upload this to mainframe, then you use file type = text and encoding = cp858.

You find more hints in this guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

Former Member
0 Kudos