cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help dialog when there is only one entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am developing a Webdynpro app and I can't find the way of skiping the search help dialog when there is only one entry on the result, just like in SE37 when you put the function name with * and it automatically puts the only ocurrence in the field with no dialog for selection. Right now my application is working correctly but it alwas show the dialog even when there is only one entry on the result.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Moderator message - Moved to the correct forum

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 4, 2011 2:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there's only one entry, better read the value and default it. To read from Domain entries, check for FM 'DDIFDOMAIN' and if it's a check table, read it from the table.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

The search help has input parameters, and sometimes there is one entry, not always. What I want to reproduce is like in SE37, if you enter, for example SO_DOCUMENT, the dialog appear with all the functions that starts with SO_DOCUMENT, but if you enter SO_DOCUMENT_A, there is only one occurrence (SO_DOCUMENT_AUTHORITY_CHECK) and this value is assigned automatically to the screen field, no selection dialog.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Use OVS to achieve this., when u press start search select the values from table into internal table (lt_object_list)

n = lines( lt_object_list ). " this gives the number of records in internal table..

if n = 1.

set_attribute( ) .. to the input field.

else.

co phase 3.

call popup window to display objects

endif.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Is there a way of doing this with a dictionary search help? All our screen fields are using search helps and we want it that way, so I am looking for doing it without changing this. I am willing to do it with OVS if there is no other option though.

Thanks!

Daniel

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

there is no way to do with Dictionary Search help., You can use search help exit to select particular type of records but aslo that type of record if one also it will open a popup., so you have to do it using ovs., and if one record present set that record using set_attribute method.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I will try with OVS instead.

Regards