cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canu00B4t update prices in MDM catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am working with SRM 7.0 and MDM 3.0 and I need to update prices in the MDM catalog for a material using Excel files to update it.

What is the price schema that I have to put in the Excel file to update MDM prices?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodrígue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

to update the price of catalog items in SRM-MDM you need to map the following fields in the MDM Import Manager (assuming you use "normal" price, not contract price):

Amount, currency, price base quantity, price base quantity unit of measure, lower bound, purchasing organization, purchasing info record no. The only fields that really have to be in the Excel list are amount and Currency, the other fields can be substituted in the Import Manager by adding or cloning fields and setting default values.

Once you have mapped those fields you can create the compound field price information. If you are able to do make sure you add the new price values in the lower part of the screen.

Finally, make sure you set the configuration option "default qualified update" to replace. If you leave the default setting "append", MDM will add the new prices as additional price records and you are in trouble.

In SDN you can find a document about "SAP SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 (Data Loading) and UI Overview" here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0940876-42fe-2d10-77be-a82aaa163e13

This document contains a lot of helpful information.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, sorry for the delay. But I can´t update price information via Excel file in Data Manager directly?

I try a lot of times, one I can update it but now I can´t update again.

How can I do?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

It is possible to upload an MS Excel File to MDM Data Manager. I only tried it once and found it too tedious. It should be possible to do pirce updates this way. But there is really no reason to do updates in this way.

Upload your (price) changes with the MDM Import Manager instead. That is the recommended way to do it, and a lot easier.

There are some Articles here on the SDN describing MDM. Check out this one for uploading stuff in the MDM Import Manager:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0940876-42fe-2d10-77be-a82aaa163e13

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

depends on what all u want to create/update.

anyways taking ur example of updating only prices for items

create a simple excel with 2 column header

ProductID Price Amount (ProductID being the unique identifier for wach product : u may choose as is the case in ur repo)

-

1234 99

23456 89

upload the same file in the Import manager and map to correct fields

U can see desired values at the down of the screen (value mapping just to be sure)

have the UNIQUE ID (ProductID) as the matching criteria and have update mapped fields as action\

thats it - as simple as that

thanks

-Adrivit

Note : assumes currency / UoM all remains unchaged. if they needs to be updated add 2 more columns and map