cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager - more than 3 level Business Process Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solution Manager, you can only have 3 levels of process but I have some processes that have more detail. Is there a way to "stack" or somehow to utilize Solution Manager to allow you to show 5 or 6 levels within a process?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

unfortunately there is no possibility to enlarge this three level model SAP offers for SOLAR01/SOLAR02. Because these transactions were never intended to show a complex process, they never thought of expanding this model.

In a note or in the course materials (I couldn't find the exact source) SAP suggested to create "logical layers" on the last level. That means you have to use for all your nodes a four digit prefix: e.g. start your business scenarios with 1000, the belonging business processes with 1100, 1200, ... and the belonging business process steps with 1110, 1120, ..., 1210, 1220, ... . That gives you on the level of business process steps a fourth digit for "sub process steps".

It is not a good solution, but it is an acceptable workaround. I used in several projects up to five digits. If you use external tools (ARIS) they deliver as far as I know only the known three levels to SOLAR01/SOLAR02. Further levels can only be maintained in ARIS itself.

Best regards,

Alexander

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't do that or can't customize to increase the no of levels beyond as mentioned above.

But if you can't use ARIS i think you need to go for SAP modification.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way you can go beyond 3 levels in Solman. It is always Scenario>Process>Process step --> Transactions

Probably you can use ARIS for business modeling. I dont have much knowledge in ARIS, but I have heard that ARIS can provide you with 7 levels.

Regards,

Shyam