cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Process Required to Configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have small requirement which i need to show the Demo to my Client.Below is the client requirement but i am quite confuse how to start and which plant which sales org shud i create.If i create 3rd party but the below requirement requires delivery.

Could you all plz suggest what process should i follow to suit the below requirement.

The process starts with buying of designs from your extended designer team. The models are first converted into Prototype which are then placed in your show room. Prospective buyers are invited to view the prototype. Buyers can place 3 types of order

1. Firm Order u2013 Order which are meant for their Show room in turn

2. End Customer Order which are placed by end customer at the retail stores.

3. Promotion Model (Festive Season) order which are order placed by buyers for promotional period.

You have 2 manufacturing units in Indonesia and Thailand

Malaysia office is corporate office which has sales team to book order and Procurement division to follow though Purchase orders raised by Procurement team sitting in Manufacturing locations.

Model could have add-ons like pillows and Stools which are for made for the particular sofa.

The sales order should allow to have Product configurator which allow selection based on characteristics of material and also on location of customer e.g. for Singapore Customers the selection of foam should be type A and Type B but for India customers it should be Type C and Type D.

The pricing of customer should be Customer specific and not generic price list.

The Malaysia office would book the order and internally place a PO on Manufacturing plant which details the address of the end customer in case the customer is International. The goods would be delivered from Plant to the end customer and Malaysia office would be responsible for generation of Invoice and other shipping documents without actual receipt of the material.

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Shri..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have to rephrase your explanation. Can I presume that wherever you indicate "you / your", it is nothing but it represents the client ??

I am just rephrasing what I understood from your comments. Correct me if I am wrong.

The client is having two manufacturing locations one each in Indonesia and Thailand and one Marketing Office in Malaysia. I presume, these are all under one Company Code. Malaysia Office will generate orders and pass on the same to those two manufacturing locations and supplies will be made directly from there to end customer.

If this statement is correct, where the client is coordinating with another vendor to supply directly to end customer ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati,

Thanks for your reply,

yes your correct from your statement made for my requirement.we will be sending the PO to Thailand & Indonesia for procurement of material.They will take care of procurement & without the receipt of goods we will have to generate the invoice to customer to singapore & india.

Here the client will be dealing directly to Singapore and India customer for the supply of goods.

Thanks

Shri..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also to add, you have three things here:

1. Mayasyia Corporate Office

2. Thailand PLant

3. Indonesia PLant.

Now If Malasyia is the Corporate Office (which will generate Invoice) then It will have a unique Company in Malasyia & the Plants in Thailand & Indonesia will have their own Company Codes.

If the above is the case, then you have to configure Inter Company Sales scenario in SAP SD.

If the above is not the case & Malasyia is just a Sales Office & Invoice will be create by the Company codes of Respective Plants, then it is a normal Sales scenario in SAP.

It means Malasyia Sales Office will just create a Sales Order for Thailand (or Indonesia) Plant & subsequently Thailand plant will create Delivery & Invoice. Thus no third party or Intercomapany scenario is required here.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hate to disappoint you, but your demo will require several weeks of an experienced functional consultant's time to configure and prepare data. Has your client purchased the SAP software - or are they just fishing for pro bono work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua Albert,

Thanks for your reply.We have done the requirement gathering with the client but this demo would be to show the best standard practise.I have got 4yrs of exp in SD & i know the solution as well i have configured in one day the entire process.

I have configured Variant configuration for selection of variants and simultaneously i have used Third party process.

But my problem is that client is into manufacturing so they would be creating inbound & outbound delivery but if i use 3rd party process delivery doesn't exists.

So would like to know the if i can use alternative process to map the above requirement.

Shall wait for your reply.

Thanks

Shri..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First the simple one:

You want for SIngapore the Foam Type should be A & B & for India it should be C & D - For this you can use Listing & Exclusion. Here you can LIst Material A & B for Singapore & Exclude C & D...

For the Business Process:

1. You said manufacturing Plants are in Indonesia & Thailand & marketing office is in Malasia... I believe each Country (Plant) would have its own company code & so you can use Intercompany Sales.

2. In case The Company Code is same then you can use Third Party Sales with Delivery (Individual Purchase order). Here you can create Delivery & track the same.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - sounded like you were starting from scratch with a blank system.

As others have posted, for best practice, you are looking at the Inter-company Sales process.

What this means is that the sales organization for the sales order is for company A and the source plant is for company B.

In best pratice, there is no purchase order between the companies - only the sales order. The flow is as follows:

1. Sales order for sale in company A with source plant in company B

2. Delivery/goods issue from the plant company B

3. Billing dcoument to external customer in company A

4. Inter-company invoice (IV) from Company A to company B for the cost of sales + any transfer piricing

5. IDOC to post the IV invoice in company A (This is an FI invoice)