cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement in third party orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Gurus,

Here is my requirment. I create an order for a material with item category as (TAS) with quantity as 10. Now the vendor here only wants purchase order to be created with minimum quantity of 20 . And i want to do partial billing to the customer.

Purchase requisition is created with default 10 quantity now how can i change the quantity in purchase order when i am creating po with reference to the PR.

Any ideas.

Regards

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a decision that the business(Client) has to take considering the minimum ordering qnt keeping in mind customer and vendor requirements.Here configuring the system will not help.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a purchase order using the purchase request corresponding to the third-party sales order line, SAP automatically updates the purchase order number in the document flow of the sales order. Any changes in the quantity thereafer in the purchase order automatically updates the confirmed quantity in the corresponding schedule line on the third-party sales order, but the reverse way is not allowed. Any changes in the quantity in the sales order does not change the purchase order quantity.

It is therefore always suggested to make changes in the purchase order and not in the sales order.

You can also use report SDMFSTRP to fnd any quantity diferences that exist between the sales order and the purchase order.

In your case follow this way

1. create sales order for 10 qnt.

2. PR gets created for 10 qnt.

3. PO gets created for 10 qnt.

now change PO qnt manually to 20...system automatically changes PR required qnt and sales order confirmed qnt to 20.

4.Do partial Migo(Virtual GR) for 10 qnt each twice.with ref to PO.

5.Do Miro twice for 10 qnt. with ref to PO.

6.Create billing for 10 qnt twice in vf01.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

I get ur point but here customer ordered only 10 quantity . So he is only expecting 10 quantity to be delivered to him . The reason why i have to create purchase order with 20 quantity is becoz its mandatory to place an order to vendor with minimum 20 quantity.

so assume if i a do a 2 partial migo with 5 quantity each then whats happening with remaining 10 quantity.

Regards

jagadish