cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing graphic via SE78 in higher DPI returns distorted image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're using SAP Script on an R/3 4.6c system.

Currently within this system and sap script a graphic of 100 dpi with sizes 21,01cm x 0,81cm is configured. A new graphic needs to replace this current graphic but this graphic has a little more detail.

The only working possibility of replacing this current graphic is to replace it with a similar DPI image: 100 dpi. But this results in a distorted (but still readable) graphic in both SE78 (preview) and SAP Script form printing.

If I would upload an graphic with f.e. 300 dpi and sizes 21,01cm x 0,81cm it displays perfectly but a little bit large in SE78 but in SAP Script Form printing the graphic is completely distorted and only displays a black box with some white pixels.

The following is configured in the SAP script form printing: BITMAP 'ZHBM ADRESBALK NL' OBJECT GRAPHICS ID BMAP TYPE BMON

Note: As the DPI isn't configured within the SAP Script Form it should automatically pick the graphics DPI setting: F.e. 300 DPI?

How do I go about changing the DPI for this graphic to a higher DPI ensuring SAP Script Form printing also displays the graphic?

Kind regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the color depth set to 256 (8-bit)? Image distortion is usually caused by not using that setting. You can adjust the DPI setting and size in any graphical editing tool as well and the settings should be retained when uploaded. Though you can sometimes adjust DPI in SE78, I don't normally do that. It's better to use a proper tool for adjustments. I've never had an issues with images when doing that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the bitrate is 8, bitrate 16 or 32 can't even be uploaded via SE78. We can't adjust the DPI via SE78. I've versions of the graphic in 100 DPI (works), 200 DPI (doesn't work completely distorted) and 300 DPI (doesn't work completely distorted)

With the 100 DPI graphic the problem persists: Image quality is very low in SAP/SE78 preview; SAP Script Form while the graphic looks perfectly fine viewing it in windows.

What I'd like to do is upload an image with higher DPI rate, f.e. 300 dpi, but when doing so the SAP Script Form won't include it properly.

Kind regards,

Tim

Answers (0)