cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CUP send an email on request completion to another person?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone think of a way to send an email notification when a CUP request is completed to someone who is not the User, Requestor, Manager, or Approver?

We are on GRC 5.3 SP 13 and are getting ready to implement the FF (SPM) CUP request process. We have gotten a requirement that a company executive wants to be notified whenever someone is given FF access. However, this person only wants to be notified when the request has been completed. They don't want to be notified when it is requested, and they don't want to have to approve the request.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

Your are correct. The security group does have to do an additional approval which is being done on the behalf of someone else.

In our case, we elected to do this to primarily provide an email notification to another area that is responsible for maintaining user ids in a table in order to allow for a specific function in SAP (users execute a scanner function; table maintains the menu they receive on the scanners)

The extra function is just another approval and although some will argue it takes double the work, the actual work is nothing more than another click or two to approve the stage and send the email on its way

If you would like to talk in more detail offline as to how we handle the approvals with the security administrators, feel free to give me a call.

I can explain how we came to the conclusion of security handling the CUP requests and only rely on the business users to provide the initial email. Probably too much to include here in the forum.

Jerry

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

We decided to perform the approvals for the CUP stages with the security administrators and not the business users.

We accept the initial request from the business users (email) and then the security administrators perform the entering of the CUP request and process the approvals for the initial stage and the additional stage defined to send the email notification; the security manager / internal control administrator provides the approvals needed prior to final provisioning; perhaps you can add an additional stage that you can approve which will send the email notification; this stage would also be required prior to the final provisioning.

This would take the approval for this stage out of the business user but would be required before final provisioning. If you did this approval before the final provisioning, the user would receive the email possibly before the user has been provisioned. The timing here should not be a factor since the user will be provisioned.

Jerry

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry -

If I'm following you correctly, you have two stages that are both approved by Security Admin. Security has to approve each request twice then. So basically Security is doing extra work so that someone in the notification group doesn't have to. You still have to have someone approve the stage, you just are having someone else do it for them.

Interesting solution. I might propose it just to see how our Security group reacts to having to do extra work.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately I am still on CUP 5.2 so I don't know if this will apply. Also, I do not handle the FF ids from CUP.

I do use one of my STAGE configurations to send an email notification to an area that will use the email to know when to update a given table in SAP. I use the section Additional Configuration>Email Group on my stage definition.

If this is in 5.3 maybe this is something you can look into. Perhaps the individual's email can be defined here whenever the final stage (provisioning) of the FF id is processed.

Not sure how helpful this may be

Jerry

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry -

How do you get around having to have someone in this group approve this stage?

That's the biggest problem I haven't been about to figure out. I thought about adding another stage for this person, but they don't want to have to approve anything. They just want to be notified.

Can you have a stage that is automatically approved?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Maybe this can work, The person who wants notifications can be an alternate approver at the last stage.

I dont think the Alternate approvers usually get emails unless the request is set for esclation to them.

But you could set the email alert to other approvers, do you think that could work?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinmaya -

Sorry, but that doesn't met this person's criteria of only being notified when the request is closed. My testing with the Other Approvers option is that CUP only notifies the people that have actually approved a role/request.

For example, if 4 people are listed as approvers for a role, CUP will send all 4 notifications when the request goes into that stage. After that, it will only notify the 1 of the 4 that actually approved the role.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I don't think it's possible now. You can definitely implement this in GRC AC 10.0.

Regards,

Alpesh