cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of IDoc XML very slow compared to IDoc Flatfile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I did a test in our ERP6 system and created IDoc files for a few invoices. The result is that the creation of a XML Idoc is 22x slower than the creation of a flatfile Idoc. The creation of one large IDoc file with 1000 invoices took ~15 seconds as flatfile and ~5:30 minutes as XML. So the choice between flatfile or XML is really a performance question for me. Is that normal? I expected a difference but not that much.

Can I speed up the XML creation anyhow? XML is better to process and I really want to use it, but I can not with this bad performance...

Thank you!

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
So the choice between flatfile or XML is really a performance question for me. Is that normal?

Yes, it is normal. For every byte of data in xml file, it needs to create multiple bytes of structures according to XML format.

But, i am wondering, why u need to go for xml, when there is no PI installed.

Because, end output file is always in flatfile format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The transformation to xml of the idoc is done in the idoc adapter why would that matter to the ecc ?

Regards,

Horia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

although I am in the PI forum here, we have no PI installed. I just thought this is the best forum to raise the question. I create the IDoc files in the ECC and then copy them via sftp.

Regards

Andreas