cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Syndication Authorization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

From MDM authorization point of view, is there any way to prevent a MDM user from executing Syndication? I tried removing all authorization from a MDM user in MDM console user admin, but this user still can login into Syndicator and perform Syndication...

Thanks.

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subbu, sorry, I miss one point. In my case, the user Admin has already imported the syndication map. So, any other user can execute syndication by opening the existing map...

So, I think the only way might be, the Admin can't save the map on the server when he finishes the syndication...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ronak, I think you misunderstand what I mean...Thank you anyway!

Subbu, I have already tried the way you mentioned. I even remove all authorization from a dummy user, which means "None" for all authorization items in "Roles Details", but he still can execute syndication...This is not what I expected. In MDM, the authorization control for syndication is only on syndication map level (add, modify), I wanna control the user to syndication execution level. I need to prevent all unauthorized syndication execution (Menu: Syndication->Execute). Is it possible? Thanks.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

1. Create a Role

Under Funtions Tab(Next to "Role Detail")

Select "Consolidation and Distribution" Tree

Add Syndication Maps ->None

Modify Syndication Maps ->None

2. Create a User

Assign the role created in Step 1.

By doing the above, The user will be able to login to the Syndicator, but he will not be able to Execute any Syndication Maps.

I hope this what you are looking for.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In Console>Admin> User wont allow you to remove all user. You can always add your own user id and password and than you can delete Admin,It requires atleast one user. Now no one can open syndicator without your password and id. I think as of now this is the only way to provide MDM authorization.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ron