Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned Vs. Planned

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could somebody put me an example where the Assigned value and the Planned value of a project should be different?

I've read many threads and some sapnotes but I don't understand it.

If

Rem Ord Plan = Planned - (Actual + Commitment)

and

Assigned= Actual + Comitment + RemOrdPlan

then

Assigned = Planned

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you refer the notes..?

( 922177 & 853530)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from notre 922177 I understand that the remainder cost is only calculated at WBSE level, taking into account the data with value type 25 of the order/networks linked to each one. I had a look on report ZREMORDPLAN but I do not really get the point of this value types issue.

About Kishore Subrahmanya Jagarlapudi explanation, we do not have this scenario, we only have on budget so we only use one planning version.

As we are not going to plan costs at WBS, we plan all costs in the networks attached to them, I can't think in a situation where plan cost would be different to assigned cost, am I wrong?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assigned value varies with plan values depends on the tolerance limit and also depends on the cost planning method. It is not necessary always assigned value equal to plan value.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tolerance limits? Do you refer to the budget tolerance limits? What influence might have?

And for the record we are using Network Costing as costing method .

Thanks

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you refer to the budget tolerance limits?

yes, budget tolerance is always compared against assigned value.

in network costing planned cost from activity will be considered as Rem. Ord. Plan until you do the final confirmation.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not see the bond between how the tolerance limits is customized and the question of when Assigned Value and Planned value can be different. I believe the calculation of the Assigned value has nothing to do with the tolerance limits.

In an activity you can have components, these components increase the planned cost of the activity and the RemOrdPlan of the WBSE, but once you generated the PR the RemOrdPlan decrease, assigned value will remain the same as what you loose in the RemOrdPlan you gain it on the Commitment.

Can any Expert verify what I'm telling?

thanks

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In an activity you can have components, these components increase the planned cost of the activity and the RemOrdPlan of the WBSE, but once you generated the PR the RemOrdPlan decrease, assigned value will remain the same as what you loose in the RemOrdPlan you gain it on the Commitment.

If you convert the PR into PO with value more than in the PR then what will be your assigned value. Do you think during this stage tolerance limit will play a role..?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I believe the commitment value will be updated with the PO value, hence the assigned value will be also updated.

The tolerance limit could trigger the budget error if the availability control is activated and depending on how this is customized. Nevertheless if believe it has nothing to do in how the assigned value is calculated, don't you think?

Thanks for your time.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nevertheless if believe it has nothing to do in how the assigned value is calculated, don't you think?

I agree with you, I am trying to say that assigned value is not always equal to planned cost. is n't it?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel as I must apologize everyone as it was quite obvious all the time, sorry.

Assigned and planned value don't have to be the always the same, as RemOrdPlan can't be negative.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashutosh_saraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Assigned value = Open PO + Open PR

Kindly check , these are basic concepts

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can have planned cost and assigned values different, in few companies they will have two types of budget values called as FC(financial clouser) values and AOP(anual operating budget) values. Example: a company wins a contract for 100cr and this is there FC value. and they dont want to disclose to there project execution team that they have 100cr budget instead they will give them only 80cr as operating budget. So in this case they define these values in two cost planning versions 0 & 1, and they compare there reports with two versions. In report painter we can add the required columns and get the comparative reports.

thanks

regards

kishore

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

concept is some where correct but not always..

Please refer sap note 922177, which says about residual order plan.

please also go through the sap help again. you will understand better...

Please also refer sap note 853530.