cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Error on connecting to SQL server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SQL server 2008 from MII over the network.

I have deployed sqljdbc.jar file in JDBC Drivers under System Management in MII

I get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

I see the driver status as unknown on NWA. And I guess this is not of concern as I have the oracle driver which works correctly and shows a similar status.

Please let me know how I can resolve this. i have tried removing and deploying again but this has not helped.

Thanks

Edited by: maaz ahmed on May 4, 2011 3:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If yours is SQL Server 2008 or SQL server 2008 R2?

I had an issue with 12.1 and R2.

Please see following thread. This might help

Regards,

Musarrat Husain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deployed the driver from the MII menu screen and it works now.

Earlier I had deployed it on netweaver.

But how does this work? And what is the standard practice?

I don't have the oracle drivers deployed in MII but it connects to Oracle without any error. I believe this is using drivers from netweaver. Then why don't SQL drivers work from Netweaver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know much about netweaver but if you want to use it in MII then you have to use MII interface to deploy it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maaz,

I believe if you deploy the drivers on Netweaver then on MII you will have to configure a Data Server with the Connector as "Datasource".

If you deploy via the MII menu then you have to Configure the an IDBC connector.

Check on your end if this is how you are making a connection to the Oracle DB.

Typically MII consultants would recommend deploying it on the MII menu so I would say that would be the standard practice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udyan,

Thanks for the reply. But my Oracle connection is also configured as IDBC. The conf is as follows

Name Value

Connector IDBC

ConnectorID

ConnectorType SQL

DatePrefix '

DateSuffix '

DaysRetention 7

Description ---

Enabled T

InitCommand

InternalDateFormat yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

MaxRetryCount 5

Name OraDB

PoolMax 100

PoolSize 1

RetryInterval 60000

ServerPackage com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

ServerURL jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:<instanceName>

Timeout 15

UseCount 256

UserName sterlite

ValidationQuery SELECT sysdate from dual

WaitTime 30

But the Oracle database runs on the same DB Enging as the MII database. Is this helping it connect? But as I remember I could connect to the database created on Oracle only after deploying the oracle drivers on netweaver.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would suggest downloading the driver again from the microsoft site and retrying. I've seen this happened before due to a corrupted file.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Microsoft SQL Server driver for JDBC .jar files must be listed in your CLASSPATH variable. If the drivers are not listed in your CLASSPATH variable, you receive the following error message when you try to load the driver:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerDriver

Try checking the port to which the port SQL Server 2008 is running 1433 or 1434 and what port you have used in MII to connect..

To find out what port SQL Server 2008 is running on go into the management studio and expanded u201CManagementu201D in the Object Explorer and then open SQL Server Logs -> Current

Regards

Sweety