cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload a whole folder in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have to upload and download via Webdynpro a folder with some files in it.

is it possible to upload this in one step, or have I upload each file separate?

Thank you very much,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Unless the files are zipped together into one archive file, you have to do them one at a time. Furthermore with the normal browser based fileUpload UI element, you must do them one at a time and the user must manually select each one (browser security limitation).

If you are on 7.01 you can use ACFUpDown to perform multiple file uploads, but there is no file dialog or directory scan so file selection is difficult.

If you are on 7.02 you can use ACFUpdown and it has a multiple file open/save dialog.

If you are on 7.01 you could use FlashIslands to perform the multiple file upload. I have a tutorial and source code sample for this on SCN.

If you are on 7.01 you could also use ACFExecute to run a batch script on the client side that zips all the files and then upload the zip archive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanlk you very much. I used the last option you wrote:

If you are on 7.01 you could also use ACFExecute to run a batch script on the client side that zips all the files and then upload the zip archive.

it works. Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

actually i thought my problem is solved. But now an other user tried my webdynpro and it didn´t work.

I generate a zip-file and download this to the local machine. additional i build a batch-flie, and download this to the local machine too. With the ACFExecute I start the batch-file.

The batch file start 7zip and extract the zip-file. this works well, but in the batch-file is an furter statement, which should call an other programm. After unzip the file, the 7zip-process didn´t stop. this is the reason, why the second command in the batch-file didn´t start.

If I trie this (i am admin) it works, and if i start the batch-file manually it works too.

Have you any idea what I have to do?

Thank you very much,

Stephan