cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.2 problem. Sessions close automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP GUI 7.2 patch level 4 and i am using IE7 version. At times all my SAP sessions and logon pad close automatically. It doesnt display any error message, and everything closes abruptly. Pls let me know if there is any fix to resolve this.

Regards,

Navin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just guessing but...

Possibly some desktop client/software such as Virus software or PC monitoring halting the saplogon.exe at some interval?

Anything in the event viewer showing the termination of the SAP GUI and a reason?

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use the printing and then the sapgui crashed?

If so, please use another printer in the sap system and please use the Forntend Printing with control technology

( access method G )

best regards,

Sven Dörnfeld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I didnot use printing. This problem occurs randomly. Not specifically while i access a Tcode or some functionality.

Regards,

Navin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have the RTM or RTW Version of the IE 9 installed?

Please check the IE Version on you client.

if you use the IE 9, please be sure that the version is not a RC version.

if you have installed an RC version of the IE, then please install the IE 9 again from

microsoft.com

Best regards, Sven

mgbernardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mate!

I have the same problem here. SAP sessions of all systems close suddenly with no warnings. Seems like SAP Logon has crashed but I don't see any error.

Could you tell me how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

John

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

First, ensure that you have the latest gui patch installed (patch 8).

If you are still getting the issue,follow the process below before raising a messasge.

Perform a trace with full functionality enabled.

[http://sap/support/notes/520688]

[http://sap/support/notes/59285]

520688 Exception: Exception trace

559285 Trace exception: Activating the full functionality

Create a message and attach the results of the trace to the message

Best Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey John,

Updating GUI Patch Level didn't help.

I guess the problem is something else and not related to SAP as the Logon also crashes which should not be the case if the problem is raised through any of the open SAP Session. I also checked the event logs but there is nothing I can find, no error-no warning.

I guess, the reason is: too many requests made in a single session, what do you think? Is creating the message the last resort we have?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gaurav Brahmbhatt

mgbernardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Well,

I've always used the last patches for SAP GUI so by the way I'm working with the patch 8. No matter the patch, this error occurs.

I have been watching those notes and has not much sense for this error.

I agree with you Gaurav that it has something to do with fast requests since it happens when I make fast operations in the SAP GUI client like changing fast to other session and press buttons quickly.. etc

It's something strange and difficult to explain since it has no criteria. It happens to me with windows 7 64 bits ultimate and XP Professional.

Anyway, it's a critical error that needs a solution since it closes your sapgui completly with no messages.

I think I'll write a message to SAP explaining this situation. let's see what they think about it.

Thanks to all of you for the advices

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Let me know the solution/feedback you're getting from SAP.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gaurav Brahmbhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've checked with my Support Team and they're suggesting not to apply the note if the problem occurs to only one of the users.

They've asked me to re-install SAP Logon because they think one of the system file might be corrupted. I've done the same and am not facing the problem from last three days.

See if that solves the problem and post.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gaurav Brahmbhatt

[PS: Earlier my Sessions used to terminate abruptly twice or thrice a day.]

Edited by: Gaurav.B on Oct 4, 2011 11:14 AM