Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter the Product ID in contract which come from the RFx response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, experts:

I work in SRM 7.0 SP09 ,

In my scenairo ,the document flow PR -RFx -Contract (SRM)-Contract (ECC).Sometimes ,the use cant make sure the number of the product .because the number of the product Id has relationship with the price .So the user create the PR with the product description in ECC ,and do the sourcing in SRM .After Rfx ,you user will create contract reference the RFX response .You know ,at this monment ,the number of the product ID is defined .But the user cann't enter the product ID in the contract .

yes ,I guess this maybe the SAP standard .Any body has the suggestions about it ? thanks .

BestRegards !

alex !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex

please explain your sympton further to understand

i presumed

1. created a PR for MM material master 20003

2. It venture the cockpit and BUYER created BI and Vendor respond the price

3. BUYER converted your RFx into Contract

4. Now Contract distributed to backend system

5. Now BUYER wanted to change from MM 20003 to 20004

now BUYER can not change the above same

since your contract has been distributed to backend sysem then you can not edit it

what you can do one thing

make 20003 as INACTIVATE

and add another item 20004 and distribute to backend system.

Muthuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,Muthu:

I am sorry ,I will explain the sympton clearly !

1,I creat one PR without the material ID ,and the PR is send to SRM system .

2,Carry out sourcing ,and convert the SC (PR ) To RFx ,and Publish it ,and the supplier create the response .

3,I award the response and create the contract .

At this moment ,you know ,there is no product ID in contract .I want to add the Product ID in the items .But I am sorry that the field is not available .So this is the sympton .

Alex !

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

understand alex

free text must be converted as product category in the Material Type rather than MATERIAL when you turn to Bid Invitation from the shopping cart .

This was a bug the above behavior . i do remember the type SHOULD be COCO in the BBP_PD.

i raised one oss message long back regarding this behavior and SAP has changed this behavior in the following correction note

so like wise sc to BI - needs to be corrected by SAP notes.( I think me and Tim SChuflin discused in some thread ) since you could not change since the system internally behaves like Product category item type

Note 1440426 - Wrong Itemtype selected when GOA created from SC

Symptom

Purchaser creates Global Outline Agreement ( GOA ) from Shopping Cart with the following steps.

1. Create a free text shopping cart.

2. Shopping cart items will be available in sourcing cockpit for processing.

3. Purchaser creates a GOA from sourcing cockpit with 'Create Contract' option.

4. GOA will be created with items. All the items are created with NORMAL category instead of product category although the product ID is not maintained.

---

Eventually i tell you one point

when you convert free text to RFX and item type must be PRODUCT CATEGORY rather than Material so that you should not think of to enter a material.

when you convert product id to RFX and item type should be MATERIAL.

Hope you understand the behaviors.

so there is a flaw in the existing system ( i believe after you convert into BI and you may manually change into product category from MATERIAL but sytem should do but purchaser should not do this activities).

p.s Are you having the same behavior for SRM originated shopping cart free text or only for external free text item

Muthuraman

Answers (0)