cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with some costs and revenues not settling to PSG from WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we run settlement CJ88 or CJ8g it is not picking up all the costs to settle from WBS to Profitability Segment. The costs could be time or other costs, the network activity where the costs originate settle intially using a FUL settlement type to WBS element correctly and are settled within the same period, but in some instances when we then try and settle these costs and revenues to the PSG from the WBS element they are not recognised by the settlement run to settle. The settlement rule on the WBS is settlement type PER. I have checked the cost element and profit master data and these are all active and correct.

We are getting no errors and no other information to try and understand why this is occuring.

Please let me know if anyone else has had this issue and how it was solved.

thanks

PS all costs and settlements are in the same period.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

following are the reasons which I can see

-- cost element not part of source

-- settlement might have been happened , check previous settlment

-- settlement not correct , first do it for network & then do it for project with hierarchy selection

-- cost is not part of settlement period

-- check PA structure for incompleteness

--

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are not using source structures, It seems strange that this issue is only happening in some instances, I have examples where the settlement is working correctly for the same projects using the same profiles etc. I am wondering if there is anything on the WBS Master data in CJ20n that I am missing, or if there is a system status that affects settlement. Like I said we are not getting an error it just states there is nothing to settle.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the reports and see if there are really some costs/revenues that need to be settled. Might be a case where the settlement has already been carried out for the said WBS for the relevant period and there wont be anything that can be settled in the current period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross check the "Source Structure" configuration (Tcode "OPKT") which is assigned to your settlment profile.

all the required cost & revenue elements must be assigned to the source structure via a cost element group.

as of now, your source structure might not be complete to match your requirement.

regards