Number range error

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For object RV_BELEG , number range interval does not exist

Message no. NR751

Diagnosis

The database table NRIV has the delivery class 'C', i.e. the SAP default settings are only in client 000.

Procedure

Create the missing number range interval in customizing.

Problem is system doesnot showing the internal number

how to solve the issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain No. Range in OMRJ.

Regards,

M.Mohan

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This error is due to system is not able find doc type with internal number range while saving.

1. Check the internal number range maintain for doc type in configuration

2. Then use Tcode VN01.

3. Check whether the number range maintain in config is there or not.

3.1 if its not there there maintain it.

3.2 or else if its there, then it should be internal number range. To do so, maintain a number range which is internal in nature.

There can be chance that your particular number range is internal @ DEV/QAS client but external at PRD client due to diff number range maintenance.

I hope this can help you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

I have taken the number ranges standard only

can u plz guide how to solve the issue

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

1) Maintain the range 2) Check the numkey 3) check which number range running 4) Check any objects were locked in sm12 with table nriv. Post if need more help in this.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr.Madhu,

I created New Number ranges and assign to the Biling Type after that also i am getting the same error

i created new sales order and after that i created billing because its order related billing

after that also i am getting the same error

And also i checked in SM12 there is no lock

can u please guide

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Sorry for late reply. I faced the same problem a long back .Please check in that table also what is the numkey and range . Ask your abap people .Keep a debug point in this function module RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD and check what and all objects numbers it is picking. This fm will be used inside that. Post if need more help in this.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u don't mine can u plz tell me what are the steps i have to follow so further i can understand

Plz guide me

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Did you checked with the abapper for the debug that fm.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Madhu,

I didnt check with ABAper

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Prasanna,

Please check with them . Actually this will be a small issue . Some where small mistake i s there. If still issue is there post.

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhurao123 on May 6, 2011 3:05 PM

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Madhu,

if u dont mine can u plz tel me wht r the steps u have followed to solve the issue

i wil check with ABAPers

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Keep a debug point in this function module RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD and check what and all objects numbers it is picking. This fm will be used inside that. Post if need more help in this. In this fm we will get the object number ,numkey ,numbe reange object also.After that you will get an idea where it went wrong.

Regards,

Madhu.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Is it solved.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.madhu,

I am very srry for late reply , I spoke to my ABAPer and he waas used T-Code SE37 and also he is new

So could u plz guide in wht way he has to do debugging bcoz he has done entire problem

How to Solve the issue bcoz u alreday solved the issue so u know wht r the steps both U & ABAPer has done

Plz guide me

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Prasanna,

Sorry for late reply. Ask him to go that unction module keep a debug point there. Come back and tried to create order or invoice while save time that will trigger then ask the object,numki,number range all.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srry to Disctrub u again can u plz guide me bcoz my ABAP is new and he is asking every thing and also i am also new can u plz guide me which T-Code he has to do bcoz he is using SE37 and dubgging entire program last 2 days we were struggling alot

plz guide me madhu i dont know how to express my problem i am struggle last one week

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

1) The functional Module is RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD 2) In this Fm there is another fm cleed NUMBER_GET_NEXT. 3) Here there are export parameters da_numki,object,no_buffer,xvbrk-vbeln. In debug time check all these fields .Check what and all are picking here. Post if need more help in this.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My ABAPer has put break-points in FM RV_document_add--> NUMBER_GET_NEXT from SE37 .

then we exec VF01 i entered sale order number and saved but it didnt enter the FM as per my ABAPer.

Can u guide us.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Now go your invoice or sales order where ever it may it will trigger. Go to your order or invoice and try to save this debug point will come and check the values what i told.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the Above while saving the FM is not getting triggered... it directly gives me the error

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

I think he is not able to catch the error. Please give me the link else screen shot.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Madhu,

can u plz give me ur mail id so i can forward the screen shot

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on May 12, 2011 4:40 PM Please avoid asking like this

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check my business card.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Can you please describe the steps you are doing in details so that the problem can be identified?

The procedure should be as follows:

1. Assuming you are using document type F2 for billing and you want an interval between 1-100. (Standard SAP system has a number range of 90000000-94999999 with an interval of 19)

2. So to create an interval of 1-100 go to T.Code VN01 and create a new interval of Z1 and give the range as 1-100

3. Assign this Z1 in F2 document type in T.Code VOFA

Now check by creating a sales order and invoice. (Note: check if you have created this interval in the client in which you are testing also since number ranges are client specific) If the problem is resolved then no issues. But is the problem still persists then you need to check if there is any user exit being used for picking your number range frm a number range object or a ztable.

For this purpose you need to check as per what Mr.Madhu has suggested.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.