Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPNCO 3.0 - Lookup of function IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOU metadata failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

</br></br>

Iu2019m trying to create a server using NCo 3.0 to receiver Idocs from SAP.</br>

I followed this examples to create the server:</br>

href="http://www.sign-online-solutions.net/electronic-signature/SAP_NCO3_PART_ONE.htm" target="_newWindow">Link1</br>

href=" target="_newWindow">Link2</br></br>

I added the handler of the server a new method to test other function module from SAP and it worked.</br>

I configured SAP ALE and created IDOCS and their status is 03.</br>

The problem is in the server I always have this error when the server is receiving IDocs:</br>

</br>

<pre class="jive-pre"><code class="jive-code jive-java">

>> Error entry 2011-05-04 10:23:21.585

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcInvalidStateException: Lookup of function IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOU metadata failed for destination SAP_IDOC_DESTINATION_CONFIG ---> SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcAbapException

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.ThrowRfcErrorMsg()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.RfcReceive(RfcFunction function)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcDeserialize(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream, RFCID rid)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.Execute(RfcFunction function)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.LookupFunctionMetadataClassic(String name)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.LookupFunctionMetadataClassic(String name)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.LookupFunctionMetadata(String name)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.GetFunctionMetadata(String name)

>> Error entry 2011-05-04 10:23:21.611

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcInvalidStateException: Lookup of function IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOU metadata failed for destination SAP_IDOC_DESTINATION_CONFIG ---> SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcAbapException

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcDeserialize(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream, RFCID rid)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.LookupFunctionMetadata(String name)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.GetFunctionMetadata(String name)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.ServerFunctionInfo.get_FunctionMetadata()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServer.InvokeServerFunction(RfcConnection conn, ServerFunctionInfo serverFuncInfo, RfcServerFunction functionImp)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServer.Dispatch(RfcConnection conn)

>> Error entry 2011-05-04 10:23:21.674

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServerApplicationException: Uncaught exception SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcInvalidStateException thrown in SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServer.ARfcDestShipImp when executing RFC server function ARFC_DEST_SHIP ---> SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcInvalidStateException: Lookup of function IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOU metadata failed for destination SAP_IDOC_DESTINATION_CONFIG ---> SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcAbapException

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServer.ARfcDestShipImp(RfcServerContext ctx, IRfcFunction func)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServer.InvokeServerFunction(RfcConnection conn, ServerFunctionInfo serverFuncInfo, RfcServerFunction functionImp)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcServer.Dispatch(RfcConnection conn)

>> Error entry 2011-05-04 10:23:21.913

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.Dispatch()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.RfcServerWorkerThreadProc(Object rfcConnObj)

</code></pre><br />

IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOU appears in the error, but the name of the function module should be IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS, I do not know if the problem is on the server .NET or in settings in SAP ALE ...</br>

I have no idea how to solve ...</br>

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?</br>

</br>

Thanks & Regards</br></br>

Edited by: antonio.coelho on May 6, 2011 12:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just got this working the other day myself using the same 2 links that you cited (not a lot of nCo 3.0 material out there yet it seems). I'm just getting familiar with this but, besides your server config, did you also set up your destination config? Apparently the connector uses that for DDIC stuff.

Jim K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i configured server and destination config.

Which RfcConfigParameters did you configured in destination config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are the ones I configured:

RfcConfigParameters parms = new RfcConfigParameters();

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.AppServerHost, "XYZ.HOST.COM"); // added

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.SystemNumber, "00");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.SystemID, "XYZ");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.User, "TESTUSER");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.Password, "TESTPASSWORD");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.Client, "100");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.Language, "en");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.PoolSize, "5");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.MaxPoolSize, "10");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.IdleTimeout, "600");

Jim K.

Edited by: Jim Killeen on May 10, 2011 7:33 PM

Edited by: Jim Killeen on May 10, 2011 7:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also configured them, so my problem should not be the destination config.

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anybody know why Idoc-handling with IDOCReciver and IDOCSender classes are removed in NCo 3.0 ? It's much more difficult to handle IDOCs in 3.0 than in 2.0?!

Greets