cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

classic scenario & Extended classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am new to SRM , Is it possible to combine both classic scenario & Extended classic scenario . if it possible , then how to achieve this .

Regards

Vel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vel

I suggest that instead of checking the possibility of implementing any combined scenario's like how you have asked ( Classic+Extended classic scenario).

You need to map the Business requirement and how the Business teams wanted to handle the PO ,GR etc and accordingly you have to plan for implementation scenario. You can' customise the standard SRM delivered options for these scenario . I t is advisable to either go for Classic or Extended classic. But combination of Classic & stand alone scenario is possible.

for your ready reference i have given below capabilities of all scenarios, which you may already know..

Key implementation scenarios

u2022 Classic

o Implement EBP and one or more ERP system . All shopping carts refer to MM process in your ERP backend, your ERP is the leading system. GR (Confirmations and invoices can be entered in Enterprise Buyer or ERP back end system

u2022 Extended classic

o Purchase order is created locally within EBP system , if the data in the shopping cart is insufficient to generate a complete purchase order. The data is supplemented manually within the enterprise buyer system EB is the leading system , GR,IV can be done in both EBP and ERP system.

u2022 Decoupled

o Combination of classic and standalone scenario ,some items are locally handled, some items are transferred to the ERP back end system

o We are able to send PO from both the system.

u2022 Standalone

o Your SC items create local procurement only, this means all the follow on doc like GR,IV will be done at EB system only.

o Only commitment & invoice posting will be done at ERP backend

You can get the final Business requirement and plan.

Regards

Narahari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is only possible to have both scenarios active (decoupled scenario) when badi BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI is active.

Depending on your criteria, you can activate the extended classic scenario using the return paramters of this badi.

Otherwise, document will be considered in classic scenario.

Regards

Ricardo