Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup of Internal number ranges in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Background

We have a requirement to create vendor centrally in MDM. Therefore we also want to create the vendor number when the record is created/persisted in MDM. The vendor will be created via a WebDynpro application which is exposed in the portal.

Question

I have already looked at the following guide:

MDM Internal Number Range Setup

but since we will have more than one account group for the vendor we cannot use the qualified range setup.

I'm already familiar with the MDM java api's but is there any java coding example on how to retrieve a vendor number from a specified lookup table in a MDM repository. The lookup table should, I guess, contain a number range, account group and a counter?

Br

Göran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

We are doing similar thing and its pretty straight forward:

1. Create a lookup table (lets call it Number_Range)

2. Number_Range table, will have 3 columns, Range_Type,Last_value,Counter.

3. Add this lookup table to a attribute in Main Table.

So your table will be something like below:

Range_Type,Last_Value,Counter
Customer,100,1
Material,200,1
Vendor,800,1

Now, from Portal, you will call the Number_range table. lets say you want to generate number range for Customers, so read the first record (which is Customer), then read Last_Value,add the counter to it and dispaly on Portal, once portal assignment is complete, replace the Last_Value with the latest value you put in portal.

In this way, if you want to add more number ranges or change the counter, you can simply do in MDM, portal will not be affected much.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir

Ok. Just a question regarding your proposed solution. Don't you have any max- and min number range like 2 fields with a min- and max range value or have I missed something? Don't you want to keep the vendor number within a fixed number range? With your solution I assume that your vendor number can be anything from 800 and upwards?

Br

Göran

Edited by: Göran Westin on May 5, 2011 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Don't you have any max- and min number range like 2 fields with a min- and max

It depends upon your business process. if you want to put some constraints like this, you can very well do that.

we didn't had such a requirement so didn't add those fields.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I will try to implement the proposed solution. Thanks Aamir and Tom.

Br

Göran

Former Member
0 Kudos

am not sure why you say u cant use the number range for the multiple acc group.

you can have the vendors in the main table and account group as a multivalued field of type lookup !

clarify your constraint in here

when you retrieve the main table record details (in ur case Vendor)

you would get the list of LinkIds (these have references to ur Qualified records )

hth

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

-clarify your constraint in here

In the MDM Console->Admin->Remote systems when specifying number ranges for the qualified range it is not possible to give the same number range for different account groups.

- when you retrieve the main table record details (in ur case Vendor)

you would get the list of LinkIds (these have references to ur Qualified records )

If you are talking about when using the JAVA API - Yes. But I'm not sure if I follow you on how this can help me solving my problem?

Br

Göran

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add a field to the main table - Number Range of type lookup. You would then add another lookup table to the repository - Number Ranges. Using this Number Ranges lookup table you can set the Vendor number much the same way that ECC sets the number ranges. Another option is to add a field to the Account Group table - Number Range and associate it to the lookup table Number Ranges.