cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Attempts for Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I send data to external database via Receiver JDBC adapter. There is an error sometimes and message is not delivered.

I need to change number and interval of delivery attempts for message. I tried to change it using Communication Channel Monitor - there are two parameters on Settings tab. I changed parameters, saved them (system writes, that last change was done by me). I also restarted communication channel and then whole Java server, but nothing changed. Retry interval is still the same.

I'm on SAP PI 7.1.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Ludek Vondruska

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know Retry is set on global level.

Check the values in following parameters of SAP XI Adapter: XI service ...

parameters xiadapter.outbound.numberRetries.default and

xiadapter.outbound.retryInterval.default

Regards,

Pinkle

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed retry interval and number of attempts on communication channel. Now I found, than it works, byt only sometimes. There were two messages of the same time within a few seconds, both failed, first one was resend by my modified rules, but second one was resend by default rules.

Any idea?

Thanks

Luděk

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/03/31/did-you-know--delivery-attempts-customizable-per-communication-channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, however this is exactly what I've done, but it has no efect.

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Standard Pi behavior is that after 3 times and 5 minutes interval message receive status ssytem error and you have to cancel it to system delete it. But in java stuck you can schelude job to restart message with system error status(for selected interface).

Kind Regards

Maciej