cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed media for system copy export on HP-UX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we run a ERP 6.0 system on HP-UX with Oracle and plan to migrate to WIN2K8 R2 again with Oracle.

To get familiar with the SAPINST tool and the upcoming lead times we want to run a first online export of ABAP+JAVA.

I have read the master guides for ERP 6.0 and NW 7.0 and the guide for hom./het. system copy but I am still not sure which media I have to download just to run the export as a first step.

Is it enough to download the installation master for my OS and DB containing the SAPINST and if yes - do I need the master for ERP 6.0 or the master for NW 7.0?

I know that I need all the media mentioned in the master guides for the setup and import on the new Windows platform but do I need anything else than the master just to execute the online export with SAPINST as a first step?

Many thanks in advance for your really appreciated answer and best regards

Günter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> we run a ERP 6.0 system on HP-UX with Oracle and plan to migrate to WIN2K8 R2 again with Oracle.

You need the installation master and the kernel DVD.

Be also aware that this is a heterogeneous migration and you need a certified migration consultant on-site to do the mgiration, otherwise SAP may bill OSS calls (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigraiton).

Be sure to use the latest migration tools (R3load, R3szchk etc.) on the source and target system.

Since Windows is a LittleEndian platform and HP-UX is BigEndian you need to check external interfaces (non-SAP), they might need to be made aware of the fact, that the sending platform changes.

Markus

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it enough to download the installation master for my OS and DB containing the SAPINST and if yes - do I need the master for ERP 6.0 or the master for NW 7.0?

You have to download the Installation media for ERP 6 and this can be used either for ERP 6.0 or Netweaver 7.0 installation.

To do a Homogeneous System Copy You need all the media except Export.

Installation Master

Kernel Files

Oracle RDBMS

Oracle Client

Java Component

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

do I really need all the media alredy for the exporting part on HP-UX of the heterogenous system copy?

I thought that therefore I need only the installation master and the rest (Kernel, Oracle, Java, ...) is necessary later for the importing part on the new Windows platform where I need the Kernel and all that stuff for Windows anyway?

Thanks again!

Günter

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I misunderstood this. Markus is right it will be Hetrogeneous Migration.

Regards,

Subhash