cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementations of Business Process in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A business process is a series of steps that is triggered by some action and produces some outcome.

Business processes can be implemented in many ways. For example-

• Using ABAP programs (Transactions)

• Using a workflow, which in turn use Business Objects

1) How can we know which Business Process is implemented using which method?

For example, if we consider a purchase order being placed and it triggers a business process, how can we the way (ABAP Programs/Workflow) in the triggered business process is implemented?

2) If the business process is implemented in ABAP Programs, is it possible to reimplement it in workflow (or vice versa) with minimal effort?

3) I have a large set of questions regarding how sap business process works and I have put my thoughts in a word document. I would like some gurus to go thro it and help me. If you are willing to spend little time, please do post your email id or send an email to anandaraja@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Ananda Raja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Suggest you could get some information about SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI for short), and then you maybe have clearer ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am not sure if I understand the questions well but I would be glad to help in any way possible.

First of all - a business process is a 'business' process and should be independent of software (whether SAP or Proplesfot or ABAP or workflow) but obviously goes throught number of steps.

With that said, creating a purchase order is a transaction and could be just a step in a business process. It may not necessarily trigger a business process albeit you can use it to trigger a workflow that would take it to next step in the business process (which again could be SAP or non-SAP step).

For more answers to your questions, please send me an email at bhawalkar@hotmail.com and I would try to reply back.