cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Scheduler not available in MII 12.2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like to know whether anyone has created any Scheduler job in MII 12.2 using the Scheduler menu. I am using MII 12.2.2 Build(212) (latest release and SP) and can't find the Create button in the Scheduler screen under System Management in MII admin menu. There is no Schedule Editor screen though now in 12.2 as in the earlier releases. My user is having Super Admin role and the role is also assigned with the XMII_ScheduleEditor_all UME action.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Under System Management click on Scheduler then Create. A window pops up where you select the name and whether it is transaction, query or MDO. After that, the lower section should allow entry of the details. I am on 12.2.3 (build 4) and also checked 12.2.2 (build 216) , so I would expect it to work the same for build 212.

Good luck,

Mike

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't see the Create button in the screen itself. The screenshot is embedded : http://yfrog.com/gzwiy9j

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

I see what you mean. I think you will need to do an upgrade, but it may not be released yet. But on the other hand, once you do upgrade, you should see the Create, Delete, Edit, Save, and Cancel buttons immediately to the right of the Stop Scheduler button. Since I can't find a server with your version on it, I can't research the problem in detail.

However, I do remember that the scheduling function was built inside the workbench early on with 12.2. Again, I can't point to it specifically, but take a look in Meta-Inf tab for some kind of scheduling function. Also check the menus while in the Catalog tab. Wish I could remember better, but it was about a year ago when I first heard about it and never really looked at it.

Good luck!

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One other thing I just thought of is trying to do an export of the scheduled jobs, modify it in xml editor, and then reimport it. You might try it with a scheduled job in 12.1, but I would save my empty 12.2 file first, just in case. I think it might import cleanly. If not, post again and I will see if I can provide a sample file you can play with.

Regards,

Mike

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am also currently using the 12.1 scheduled jobs to import in 12.2 system as a work-around, but was wondering how come a tested and released product even after two service pack releases lacks the basic functionality!

Also I checked in Workbench and scheduler configuration is not there except the MDO scheduler. The Help document also says to look for the Create button in Scheduler screen, which is obviously not there in the latest available release till date.

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Have you entered a ticket for the problem (it apparently was fixed in the later versions, but probably should enter it anyway)?

I understand your frustration, but part of the reason to have an RKT is to have more people looking at our product for these types of problems. And we appreciate your ability to find them.

Regards,

Mike

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Yes I have created an OSS two days back when I first noticed the issue and waiting for a reply from SAP.

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will ping the developers to respond on Monday, if no action before then.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipankar/Mike,

Any updates. We just upgraded to 12.2.2 build 228 and I still don't see a create button.

Thanks

Udayan

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The webdynpro screens need updated too - make sure to apply the most recent MII_Admin patch SCA file from service marketplace. In MII versions prior to 12.2 the jsp pages in the menu were updated along with the main MII SCA file and java code, but now there are 2 sca's (core and admin pages).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

After applying the Admin SCA the "Create" button is displayed.

Thanks for your help.

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation like this. I would like to assign a permission to a user group where they could create, delete and edit schedules (Schedule Management System inSAP MII Dashboard Editor menu).

I found the documentation below which speaks of Action for permission. In it there are two actions that are ScheduleEditor levels (Responsible for creating, deletingand editing a schedule) and Schedule (responsible for managing a schedule - Stop / Start).

XMII_ScheduleEditor_all used the action, you should perform the duties of create, delete and edit a schedule. This action did not allow me to perform the duties ofcreate, delete and edit.

The other action did not work.

The only action that could enable the creation, deletion and editing wasXMII_Administrator.

Have any tips for achieving the desired function above for a user group? Whataction should actually work?

Link Actions for permission:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp03/helpdata/en/4c/9768bdc14d60c3e10000000a15822d/frameset.htm

Thank you.