cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to implement credit control in multiple options. currently it is based on amount limit.

Is there any more parameters available in SAP?

pl. provide the details

Venugopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If the config is maintain accordingly in TCode OVA8, it can cover

Credit check: Static check - The customer's credit exposure may not exceed the established credit limit. The credit exposure is the total combined value of the following:

- Open sales documents

- Open delivery documents

- Open billing documents

- Open items (accounts receivable)

Credit check: dynamic check - The customer's credit exposure is split into a static part - open items, open billing, and delivery values - and a dynamic part, the open order value. The open order value includes all not yet or only partially delivered orders. The value is calculated based on the shipping date and the credit horizon you specify in the adjacent field. For the purposes of evaluating credit, you want the system to ignore all open orders that are due for delivery after the horizon date. The sum of the static and dynamic parts of the check may not exceed the credit limit.

Credit check against maximum document value - The sales order or delivery value may not exceed the maximum value that you specify in the adjacent field. The value is stored in the currency of the credit control area. This type of credit check makes sense, for example, if you process orders for new customers whose credit limits have not yet been defined. The check can be initiated by a risk category which is defined specifically for new customers.

Credit check against critical fields (fixed value dates) - If a check is carried out, the following fields are relevant:

- Payment terms

- Additional value days

- Fixed value date

Credit check against next customer review date - The next credit review date is stored in the credit data in the customer master record.

Credit check against overdue open items - This type of credit check works in conjunction with two values that you specify in the adjacent fields:

- Maximum % of overdue items in open items

- Number of days which the open items are overdue

The proportion of overdue open items (that exceed the specified number of days) in the total of open items should not exceed the percentage specified.

Credit check against oldest open item - The oldest open item must not be older than the number of days specified.

Credit check against highest dunning level allowed - With this type of credit check, you specify the highest dunning level you want to allow in the adjacent field. The dunning level is tracked and stored in the credit data in the customer master record. If this level is exceeded during order or delivery processing, the system carries out a credit check.

Anything else apart from that you require. If that is the requirement you can explore, SAP provides 3 Credit check for customer reserve fields that are is inactive in the standard system, but can be used for a credit check you define yourself.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JP

I request you to avoid copy pasting from other source; instead you can provide that link here.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for reminder.

But, this is not copied & pasted from any link.

Whereas it from my personal reference document.

Anyways, I'm keeping that in mind, before posting any of my responses.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

[Different Types of Credit Checks|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/93/74382d546011d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm]

It is not my intention to pinpoint you, but I am trying to stress the importance of forum rules. Hope you would take this in right spirit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

Point taken..

But, you would agree that the link and content provide by me is not same.

Yes, may be my content is inspired.

Anyways, Thanks for the link...it will assist us.

Regards

JP