cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding Supplier registration ( ROS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are trying to set up a demo system for ROS , but couldn't proceed :

1) Is there any portal role with standard menu to create surveys and questionnaires or the buyer has to log in to SRM GUI every time to create them?

2) Is the supplier self registration URL, always an ITS type URL <server: port/ bc/sap> or it could be through SAP Portal

3) Can there be any workflow possible in ROS, other than the Simple accept or Reject vendor.

4) Can details like Address & D&B number be validated when the supplier enters them by self or as a response to questionnaire

5) How do I generate a Business partner in SRM from a supplier who has just filled in his questionnaire. What if the details like Address etc are not entered by the supplier. Can I enter them manually before pulling the supplier into SRM

Thanks

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear ,kedar :

The following answers hope help you :

1) In ROS scenario ,you need not to create questionnaires everytime , just do the configuration in SPRO .Then you can use the questionnaires in supplier self register .

2)You know ,In SRM 7.0 ,we use the ITS in ROS ,So you should use the URL in this situation .But As I know ,in SRM 7.01 ,there is Webdynpro about it .You can set the URL link in your company portal or your SRM portal .But I do not think it is necessary . The URL likn just for the potential supplier .

3)I do not think so there is workfolw in the supplier acceptive ,But you can use the workflow when you create the aupplier user .

4)Ater registering ,the supplier will receive one link ,the supplier will find the questionnaires in the link .

5)yes ,you can ,You should create the supplier use ,and "transfer "the supplier from ROS to EBP ,and create the supplier user ,and you can enter or change the supplier date .

Above hope helpful

BestRegards

Alex !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nikhil!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Please find the response below.

1) Is there any portal role with standard menu to create surveys and questionnaires or the buyer has to log in to SRM GUI every time to create them?

There is no portal role to create surveys/questionnaires. This is a one time SPRO activity.

2) Is the supplier self registration URL, always an ITS type URL <server: port/ bc/sap> or it could be through SAP Portal

Supplier self registration URL is basically a BSP page (ROS_SELF_REG). This BSP page can be embedded in the home page of the company for visibility to new suppliers.

3) Can there be any workflow possible in ROS, other than the Simple accept or Reject vendor.

What kind of a workflow are you looking at? It is possible to have custom workflows while accepting/rejecting a supplier.

4) Can details like Address & D&B number be validated when the supplier enters them by self or as a response to questionnaire

It is generally not recommeded to play with the ROS_SELF_REG BSP page which houses details like D&B number etc....however with the help of a skilled ABAPer you can indeed implement validations and checks. (Very cumbersome activity)

5) How do I generate a Business partner in SRM from a supplier who has just filled in his questionnaire. What if the details like Address etc are not entered by the supplier. Can I enter them manually before pulling the supplier into SRM

You can accept this supplier and then transfer it from the internal directory to SRM application to create a BP in SRM. If you wish to make the details like address mandatory, then you might implement the validations in the BSP page as explained earlier. Alternatively you can enter it manually as well after confirming it offline with the supplier.

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil RGupta on May 4, 2011 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I had some further questions and would appreciate yr responses.

1) I checked that in order to use the Preselect suppliers link in Portal : - To use the transaction, you must enter the URL for supplier preselection in the single role. Then you must update and activate the composite role.

Which URL needs to be entered and where in the role?

2) For the workflow in ROS, suppose the buyer accepts the supplier in the supplier pre-screening , can it be further approved /rejected by someone like the buyer's manager or based on certain custom criteria.

3) After accepting a supplier , our client wants to send it to MDM & not to SRM.I checked that the report ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG is available for this ( provided XI is configured)

However do we send the accepted supplier from ROS or only when the supplier is created in SRM as a BP?

Thanks

Kedar

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Please find the response to your queries

1) I checked that in order to use the Preselect suppliers link in Portal : - To use the transaction, you must enter the URL for supplier preselection in the single role. Then you must update and activate the composite role.

Which URL needs to be entered and where in the role?

Preselect supplier is a BSP page (ROS_PRESCREEN). Go to SE80 in your ROS clientchoose BSP applicationenter ROS_PRESCREEN--get the URL from here, create it as a BSP iview in a role say Preselection and then give this role to your purchaser who will carry out the supplier selection.

2) For the workflow in ROS, suppose the buyer accepts the supplier in the supplier pre-screening , can it be further approved /rejected by someone like the buyer's manager or based on certain custom criteria.

Yes, this kind of workflow is possible. You will need the help of an ABAPer and ask him to trigger the workflow on accept/reject event in the preselection.

3) After accepting a supplier , our client wants to send it to MDM & not to SRM.I checked that the report ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG is available for this ( provided XI is configured)

However do we send the accepted supplier from ROS or only when the supplier is created in SRM as a BP?

Once you accept a supplier, it is transferred into an internal directory from where you can either send it to MDM directly or create it as a BP in SRM and then send it to MDM.

Regards,

Nikhil