cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment terms- customer getting the cash discount beyond the payment term

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a situation where the customer is getting the cash discount beyond the agreeable payment term. For example, if the payment term is 2% 30 Days Net 31, the customer is getting the 2% discount even if he crosses the 30 days. At the same time, if the customer is going beyond 15 days (approx) beyond the due date, the 2% is getting rejected when applying the customer payment in F-30. I checked OBB8, customer master and even FD32 if there is a standard setting ,but couldn't find anything. Has anyone come across this situation .If so where to see how the system calculates the grace period beyond the due payment date.

There is no customized code which actually controls it to my knowledge.

Thanks

Amrith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hai Amrith,

Take the customer Risk category from FD32

and Check in OVA8

For the risk category check whether in Oldest open item

Days oldestItem 15 days is given, these will be the grace days will add to the Customer master payment terms.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I checked it and the number of days against the Days oldest item is zero (0). This is annoying .

Thanks

Amrith

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a credit management issue - it's a account receivable issue.

Check the following:

1. Does the paymenty terms actually have the right number of days (i.e. does the text match the detail settings/)

2. What is the baseline date bein used?

Also check the 'Grace days' on the customer tolerance (IMG - Define Tolerances (Customers))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Thanks a lot. Checking Tolerance did help and it is maintained as 15 days which is why the system was allowing the grace period of 15 days. Nice help!!!!!

Thanks

Amrith

Answers (0)