cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 - Sourcing Cockpit Rejections - is there a way to add a comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if SRM 7.0 allows the addition of a comment when rejecting a shopping cart from the sourcing cockpit. I understand that the "Reject" button does the same thing as the "Complete" button as in SRM 4.0 but I was curious to see if any additional functionality was added or can be added in order to notify the end user of why the cart was rejected after being completely approved.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William

SAP send standard messages to REQUESTER that this sc number item could not procure this material ( i believe one pdf file generates..

1.From the list of shopping carts - appearing in the sourcing cockpit - a purchaser can select one or more shopping cart item(s) and press REJECT ITEMS button.

2.Then a confirmation is asked and if the purchaser selects "yes" then that shopping cart item is removed from the shopping cart list that can be sourced.

3.Afterward there should be send a notification to the requestor of the Shopping card informing him about this rejection.

( i believe BUYER could not type any comments but SAP SRM sends one PDF notification that it was not going to procure this material by this BUYER)

explore SOST message after you reject the cart . if you were configure outlook with your system you may receive this notification from the BUYER to the rejected item REQUESTER.

Muthuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I appreciate your response and it is definitely helpful however, the issue here is not in regard to the output to the requestor. We are looking to have a comment be placed within the shopping cart as some of these shopping carts make it to the sourcing cockpit and then the purchasing team decides to purchase the product through a P-Card instead of creating a purchase order. We are looking to have a place where we can enter a note into the shopping cart during the rejection process since the purchasing team does not have the ability to EDIT the shopping carts. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I suppose you taking about PR transfered from ERP to sourcing cockpit and by standard there is no way you can add a comment on rejecting the SC.

Maybe you can try the option of manual approval and rejection of SC coming to SOCO. refer

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/5082a622-7310-2c10-1a9b-ef31dd69a770

hope this helps.

Regards

-sam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hsiao,

This can be achieved the with Business Function SRM_CONT_IMPR_2 - See Rejection Reason - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki.

Kind regards,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all of your help. I will continue to research other ways of defining our process.

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SPRO, you can define an alert to be sent whenever a document is rejected (completed in SOCO) using event SOCO_COMPLETE.

This can be done in SRM alert management.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I setup SOCO_COMPLETE event but the problem is in the "message" container the document number is showing as all zero's. Is this a bug or do I have to do some configuration to fill the container? The message itself is coming...just not the document type. Does the user no good without knowing what document has been rejected in the sourcing cockpit.