cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing report list output in A4 paper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it possible to fit the list output of a report having a line-size of 240 into an A4 paper ?...when I was trying to print the output is being cut. Some columns at the right were not printed since all columns do not fit on the paper even on landscape. The system defaults format is X_65_255 which has 65 rows and 255 lines. How can I make it fit an A4 paper?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

To make printing possible on A4 paper you'll need to define a new output format.

For this use transaction SPAD.

Press the button "Full Administration" (F7).

Select the tab "Device Types".

Press the button "Page formats".

Set the screen in Change Mode (press Change button or F8).

Press the Create button (Shift+F1).

Give a name (starting with Z, like Z_LAND).

Select Orientation "Landscape".

Set papersize width/unit to 255 CH

Set papersize height/unit to 65 LN

Save your work.

Go back to tha SPAD tabpages.

Press the button "Format Types".

Press the Create button (Shift+F1).

Enter in the screen a format name (starting with Z or Y).

Set the format type to type L (Format type for ABAP lists).

Set the page format to your created format (like Z_LAND).

Enter the number of lines that can be printed on A4 (e.g. 65)

Enter the number characters (columns) that can be printed on one row on A4 (e.g. 255).

Give a comprehensive comment.

Save your work.

Go back to tha SPAD tabpages.

Select tab "Devices / servers".

Press the button "Output devices".

Select your printer.

Go to tabpage "Tray info".

Choose the right tray for your selected printer and fill in the previously created page format.

Save your work.

Leave transaction SPAD.

This format can be used to print your reports.

Remove your own printerdefault (Via menu System --> User profile --> Own data, tabpage Defaults).

When printing a dialog appears where you now can choose the modified printer (with modified page settings).

As you can see, this is more of a job the the admin guys.

As a remark: The default page formax X_65_255 should print 255 columns on paper (landscape). Most likely a small character set is used for this. The character size can also be modified (in the same transaction) to fit an entire row.

Hope this gives you a clue where you can influence the way lists are printed.

Regards,

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thankyou for this very informative approach for printing report list output in A4 paper. This has been very useful in our case.

Just one small doubt I had, if I make the number of columns as 300(as you have mentioned in your approach), for example, and if I run the report as a background job , as a spool list, will the number of columns in that spool output be 300 ?

There is no need to take a print-out in our case.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The X_65_255 format is what you would like to print but not all printers are able to print 255 characters per line and the rest gets truncated.

Probabely you could use a SmartForm with a smaller character-size to solve your problem. Also I found a X_65_256/2 format in our system. The description says it prints 128 characters double-sided but it is only usable with SAPLPD.

Hope it helps.

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how much this suggestion would suit your requirement but did you try printing it in landscape.