cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with BAPI inputfields in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i try to create a new material in an ERP with a VC component. I use BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA.

When I create a Form for the Input of the BAPI with fields with 0...1 cardinality, i have to click "Enable" during execution to fill in values.

Without clicking it, the inputfields of the form are disabled. While they are disabled, the BAPI ist executed correctly (of course it gives a message "Fill in Material Number" because i haven't inserted values. But the Bapi is executed)!

When i enable the inputfields with the buttons added by VC ("enable/disable" on top of the form) this weird message comes when i submit the values to the BAPI:

Error Occurred while executing the service: while trying to invoke the method com.sapportals.connectors.SAPCFConnector.execution.structures.INativeJCOStructure.getJCOType() of an object loaded from local variable 'value'

Is this a Bug or is it me? what can I do?

PS: When i add fields with 1...1 cardinality, the fields are already enabled (without the buttons on top of the form) and the BAPI is executed.

Greetings, Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens when i try to submit a value to a datafield inside a grouped datafield.

e.g. Group/Port: HEADDATA -> Field (string): MATERIAL

every datafield of the BAPI which not in a grouped field, works fine.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the BAPI... HEADDATA is not a group... Its a single record having set of values...

I could able to pass values to Material field....

Let me know how you are passing the value?

-Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Drag the BAPI into the story board and right mouse click on the BAPI and select TEST. Try to enter values and execute the BAPI if it works then their is no problem with the BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for your answer. There is no problem with the BAPI, it works fine in SE37 in the backendsystem.

I pass data in VC by selecting the Port (HEADDATA) in "Define Prots" and checking the MATERIAL Field. Then i drag out a Form View, where I enter the data during runtime. It works fine wirh all fields without beeing in a set of records. When i test the BAPI with "Test Data Service" with creating a new record for MATERIAL, the BAPI is not executed. (so it doesn't work in designtime and runtime).

I think this is a bug or because i'm using the evaluation version SP01. I think i have to update the whole CE and NWDS.

Which version are you using pradeep?

Greetings, Oliver