Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy data from MS Excel to webdynpro java table

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where i want to copy data from excel to java webdynpro table. I created a editable table in webdynpro java, when i copy data from excel (select cells and CTRL-C or select cells and right click copy) and when i paste on editable cell of a table in webdynpro java it should copy as we selected from excel i.e the data should not copy into one cell. ex:- when we copy 3x3 cells (3 rows 3 columns) from excel and when we paste it in table it should also paste as 3x3 form (3 rows 3 columns).

Any body help me plz..

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It wont be possible to copy data direcly into WD table from excel sheet. You can do file upload and then read the cells.

Use JXL api for the same.

Regards

Deepak

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for u r reply, May i know the code for how to upload the excel file and read the contents of Excel file. Basically i am a java guy i know how to read excel from disk (i.e., c,d,e drives) by using java.io package and i am new to Jxl api. Please guide me how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Below link explains how to read the excel data into web dynpro table using JXL.jar.

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/UploadingexcelfileusingWebDynproforJava]

Regards,

Vishweshwara P.K.M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks vishweswara, It works but i got some problem in runtime while adding public parts to DC and i solved it. Thanks for u r help.

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello pradeep_546,

I would like to know if you can tell me how did you solve problem references in DC because i have the same problem.

I am using DC project.

Hello my dear Experts.

If I try to put references in DC properties: SAP.com~ externallibrary_deployableunit i got the next Exception when i try to deploy my DC.

15-sep-2010 17:24:58 /userOut/deploy

(com.SAP.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy

Thread,5,main]] WARNING:

007Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : PORTAL

SDM port : 򁛆

URL to deploy :

file:/C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/temp53671ebpartners.Net~samplecargadescargaxcel.ear

Result

=> deployed with warning :

file:/C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/temp53671ebpartners.Net~samplecargadescargaxcel.ear

Finished with warnings: development component

u2018samplecargadescargaxcelu2019/'ebpartners.Netu2019/'localu2019/u201920100915172420u2032/u20190u2032:

Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engineu2019s

deploy service:

Java.rmi.RemoteException: error occurred while starting application

ebpartners.Net/samplecargadescargaxcel and wait. Reason: Clusterwide

exception: server ID

172񼓞:com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException:

Clusterwide exception: failed to prepare application

u201Debpartners.Net/samplecargadescargaxcelu201D for startup.

Reason=Clusterwide exception: failed to start dependent library

u201DSAP.com~externallibrary_deployableunitu201D of application

u201Debpartners.Net/samplecargadescargaxcelu201D. Status of dependent

component: STATUS_MISSING. Hint: Is the component deployed correctly

on the engine?

at com.SAP.engine.services.webdynpro.WebDynproContainer.prepareStart(WebDynproContainer.Java:1490)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepareCommon(StartTransaction.Java:223)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepare(StartTransaction.Java:፫)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.Java:301)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.Java:342)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.Java:126)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.Java:245)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.Java:4761)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.Java:춺)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.Java:4639)

at com.SAP.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.Java:1163)

at com.SAP.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.Java:320)

at com.SAP.engine.services.rmi_Ѥ.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.Java:198)

at com.SAP.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.Java:129)

at com.SAP.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.Java:33)

at com.SAP.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.Java:41)

at com.SAP.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.Java:37)

at Java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.SAP.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.Java:100)

at com.SAP.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.Java:170)

(message ID: com.SAP.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

Thanks for helping me.